Central Sterile Supervisor/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitleCentral Sterile Supervisor/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24451Working TitleCS SupervisorDepartment NameH3320:Perioperative ServicesWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level09Salary Range$19.66-31.91/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
HSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
5 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
The essential functions for this position include the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 50-100 pounds on a daily basis; as well as stand, walk and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.Shift
This is a 3rd shift; Sunday-Thursday 11p-7:30a, will include holidays, some call as needed.Job Summary
Responsible for decontamination, correct assembly, and sterile processing of all instrumentation used in the operating rooms.
Must have a working knowledge of regulatory standards for universal precautions, sterilization methodologies, and regulatory standards for biological monitoring. Maintain cleanliness of department and material management as needed.
The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of regulatory standards for universal precautions, sterilization methodologies, and regulatory standards for biological monitoring. Basic knowledge of operating room instrumentation, and understanding of aseptic techniques. Knowledge of sterilization principles, processing techniques, and instrument/equipment care.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? YesPreferred Education/Experience
Previous central sterile processing experience preferred.Deadline to Apply09/23/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently a Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST)?
- * Do you have knowledge of medical terminology?
- * Do you have any experience with ordering supplies and inventory control?
- * How many years of paid work experience do you have cleaning or sterilizing operating room instruments?
- More than 0, through 1 year
- More than 1 year, through 3 years
- More than 3 years, through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Do you have supervisory experience?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- On-line Advertisement
- Military Connection Advertisement
- Job Fair
- "I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter