Adjunct Faculty for Music Department - Cajon Ensemble
Posting DetailsPosition TitleAdjunct Faculty for Music Department - Cajon EnsembleDivisionProvostMajor DepartmentCollege of Arts and SciencesDepartmentMusic DepartmentLocationLa Verne Central CampusJob Description
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you’re passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!
The primary responsibility of adjunct faculty is to deliver instruction in the manner determined by the Music Program. In addition, faculty responsibilities may include:
- Preparation of syllabus and teaching of curriculum according to the goals and objectives of the Music Program.
- Determine student mastery of material and assign final course grades from performance in class sessions, rehearsals, and concerts.
About the Course:
MUS 114 – Cajon Ensemble
Introduces an overview of the Cajon through its history, use in traditional and contemporary music, various performance techniques, ensemble participation, and creativity. 1.000 Semester Hours. May be taken for 0.000 semester hours.
- Must have a master’s, terminal degree, or equivalent experience in the field of instruction or related area.
- The demonstrated ability to work with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Reputation as performer, clinician, and teacher of Cajon.
- Experience teaching remotely/virtually
Below is a list of benefits and perks offered to Adjunct Faculty:
- Benefit Hub (discount perks)
- Free Parking
- Staff discounted lunches at the Spot
- 10% off discount at the University of La Verne Bookstore and Graphics
- Tuition Remission (Senior Adjuncts)
- Contribution Retirement Plan (must meet hours) for Mandatory – Voluntary Contribution at anytime
- Medical (must meet hours)
- Utilize services offered at CTL and the wellness center.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion and clearance of a background check and employment verification.
La Verne is Tier 1 in U.S. News 2017 “America’s Best Colleges” National University rankings for the seventh straight year, and again made Forbes “America’s Top Colleges” rating (WASC Accredited).Posting NumberAF044PJob Open Date09/19/2020Job Close DateOpen Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsAdvertising SummaryPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Referred by University of La Verne Employee
- University of La Verne Website
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae