Grants and Scholarship Manager
Job Vacancy AnnouncementFunctional TitleGrants and Scholarship ManagerPosition TypeAdministrative/ProfessionalAppointment TypeRegularFTE %
100%Work Schedule (if atypical)Job Description Summary
Responsible and accountable for the delivery of scholarship and grant funds to the University of La Verne and eligible students from both the federal and state grant programs. This includes, but is not limited to, the Federal Pell Grant, Federal TEACH Grant, State Cal Grant, Chafee Grant, California National Guard Education Assistance program, Golden State Teachers scholarship. Responsible for internal donor scholarship awarding and reconciling, outside scholarships, tuition remission, and tuition exchange within the Office of Financial Aid.
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you’re passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!Specific Duties
- Administer, manage and supervise the federal grant programs in the delivery of funds to the University of La Verne. Including, but not limited to maintaining institutional eligibility, determining student eligibillity, awarding, disbursing, reporting, and reconciling of federal grant funds.
- Administer, manage and supervise the state grant/scholarship programs in the delivery of funds to the University of La Verne. Including, but not limited to, maintaining institutional eligibility, determining student eligibillity, awarding, disbursing, reporting, and reconciling of state grant/scholarship funds.
- Establish and manage processes and procedures to ensure that the University of La Verne, and students receive all Federal and California Grants within a timely manner.
- Assist University Colleagues in determining student eligibility for federal and state grants. Revising awards when eligibility for grants is adjusted.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve any issue that may prevent students from receiving their funds within a timely manner.
- Review and adjust federal and state grants for students who change enrollment.
- Manage the addition of tuition remission and tuition exchange awards and adjusting the financial aid accordingly.
- Manage the outside scholarship process. Ensuring all outside scholarships are accounted for within a student’s financial aid. Complete outside scholarship certifications.
- Manage internal donor scholarship program (Name Scholarship) working closely with University Advancement to ensure all scholarships are awarded in a timely manner. This includes notifying and working with multiple departments to identify recipients.
- Cross-train members of Financial Aid unit on all functions of grants and scholarships.
- Respond to all internal and external communication via e-mail, phones, etc in a timely manner.
- Assist with student contact and outreach, including but not limited to, office phones, FINAID e-mails, University events both on and off campus.
- Assist as needed within the Compliance and Loan team; verifying student files, packaging and revisions, quality control. Internal audting of files. Loan processing. Assist as needed with annual Single (A-133) external audit.
- Be a culturally competent employee who attends/completes mandatory diversity and inclusivity trainings as provided by the university.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 (or more) years of experience working in financial aid.
- 5 years of experience with working knowledge of Title IV regulations and ability to continuously learn in detail, relevant regulatory areas as they apply to business practices within financial aid and enrollment management.
- 5 years experience working with student information systems or similar enterprise data systems within a complex business environment. Experience with financial aid software (Banner, COD, NSLDS, WebGrants, etc.)
- 2 years experience working with data and reports in Microsoft Excel and performing comparison, reconciliation, and analysis of spreadsheets and data sets.
- 2 years experience with Federal Pell Grant and State Cal Grant Programs. Including determining student eligibility through the process of awarding and reconciling.
- 5 years of experience interpreting and explaining regulation to Students, University staff and colleagues using easily understandable language (avoiding jargon), in a compassionate and helpful manner.
- 5 years experience with issue resolution and student service in a higher education environment. Maintain a positive attitude working well with others in a fast-paced team driven environment.
- Knowledge of Federal Student Aid program regulations and eligibility criteria, specifically in regards to the federal grant programs.
- Knowledge of California grant programs, regulations and eligibility criteria.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and compare and verify information accurately.
- Ability to work independently but collaboratively with a diverse team. Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Ability to integrate resources, policies, and information for the determination of procedures, solutions and other outcomes.
- Ability to represent the department and University in a welcoming, courteous, professional manner.
- Experience with Ellucian Banner
- Prior experience awarding and working with private donor scholarship programs.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and internal equity. Benefits include a comprehensive health and wellness plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse, and dependent children, a generous contribution to the University’s 403B retirement plan, and a generous time off plan.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion and clearance of a background check and employment verification.U.S. News & World Report rates La Verne Online No. 1 in California for the third consecutive year and 24th best in the country. Washington Monthly’s 2016 “America’s Best Colleges for Adult Learners” rankings place La Verne No. 3 among private, 4-year institutions in California.
La Verne is Tier 1 in U.S. News 2017 “America’s Best Colleges” National University rankings for the seventh straight year, and again made Forbes “America’s Top Colleges” rating (WASC Accredited).LocationLa Verne Central CampusNumber of Vacancies1Posting Number2018-190688SASpecial Instructions to ApplicantsOpen DateClose DateOpen Until FilledYesPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Referred by University of La Verne Employee
- University of La Verne Website
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2