Admissions Systems Analyst
Department:: Undergrad Admissions
Locations:: Binghamton, NY
Posted:: Sep 18, 2020
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Ref. No.:: 07079
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget Title: Senior Staff Assistant (SL-3)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
The Admissions Systems Analyst, as part of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, will be responsible for helping manage and maintain the Slate database, ensuring processes run accurately and efficiently, and implementing new functionality.
- Manage the database in the Admissions CRM system, Slate, by updating and creating automations and rules
- Build queries to assess day-to-day operations and workflow
- Develop and build portals
- Assess and implement new functionality in Slate
- Assist in the import process of inquiries and applications
- Collaborate with other members of the Admissions Team and ITS on admissions processes, upgrades and other projects
- Develop an understanding of existing business processes, and help define and implement new business processes
- Assist with the decision release and quality control processes
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1-3 years of experience working with a CRM system (i.e. Slate, Salesforce)
- Experience working with databases
- Experience with a programming language (e.g., SQL)
- Demonstrated analytical ability
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Effectively communicate to various stakeholders
- 1-3 years of experience working with a student information system (i.e., Banner, PeopleSoft)
- 1-3 years of experience working with a data warehouse
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website http://www.binghamton.edu/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Deadline for Internal Applicants: October 2, 2020
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.