ASSOCIATE DEAN FOR ACADEMIC SUCCESS AND BAR READINESS AND PROFESSOR OF LAW
Position DetailsUNT System Overview
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.Classification TitleAssociate DeanPosting TitleASSOCIATE DEAN FOR ACADEMIC SUCCESS AND BAR READINESS AND PROFESSOR OF LAWDepartmentDAL-CoL Dean's Off-517000Job LocationDowntown DallasDepartment Summary
The UNT Dallas College of Law welcomes applications for a full time, senior administrator, with significant experience in academic success and bar readiness in legal education, with the ability to oversee the operations of a law school academic success and bar readiness department.Salary InformationSalary commensurate with experiencePosition Summary
A full time, senior administrator, with significant experience in academic success and bar readiness in legal education, with the ability to oversee the operations of a law school academic success and bar readiness department. This administrator will also teach bar readiness courses, and substantive courses, depending on interest and needs of the College of Law, and hold faculty rank as a tenured or tenure-track Professor of Law. This administrator will serve as advisor to the Dean and to the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs in matters relating to student success and the Academic Success Bar Readiness Program.Minimum Qualifications
• J.D. degree;
• At least 6 years’ experience in direct academic success work at the law school level;
• At least 3 years’ experience in programming or individual tutoring with respect to bar readiness;
• Record of excellence in the areas of teaching, scholarship and service that demonstrates eligibility for tenure;
• Demonstrated ability to make use of student learning data resulting from regular formative and summative assessments;
• Demonstrated expertise in creating, presenting, and monitoring academic departmental budget;
• Demonstrated expertise with respect to the adult learning process;
• Excellent academic and professional qualifications;
• Demonstrated ability to guide and mentor the professional development of staff, junior faculty, and students;
• Demonstrated ability to supervise faculty and staff;
• Commitment to the goals of the College of Law and its curricular and instructional model;
• Leadership experience and skills;
• A collaborative and inclusive leadership style
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks and to coordinate the work of others;
• Ability to conceptualize, plan, and organize complex projects;
• Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment
• Ability to exercise tact and discretion when handling sensitive and confidential matters;
• Knowledge of the operation and culture of law schools;
• Skills in developing and maintaining good working relationships;
• Ability to foster a culture that is professional, inclusive, collaborative, and positive;
• Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication and managerial skills;
• A capacity to work energetically and to maintain a cheerful spirit, even in the face of a demanding workload;
• Commitment to the goals of the College of Law and its curricular and instructional methods and goals.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Driving University VehicleNoFull Time/Part TimeFull-TimeWork Schedule
As required to meet the academic schedule.Posting NumberE028PSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsQuicklink for Postinghttp://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/39602Position End Date (if temporary)Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Have you graduated from an accredited law school with a Juris Doctor (JD) degree?
- * Do you have at least 6 years’ experience in direct academic success work at the law school level?
- * Do you have at least 3 years’ experience in programming or individual tutoring with respect to bar readiness?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of Names and Contact Information for 3 references
- Example of Professional Writing
- Other Document