Capital Projects Business Analyst
As the University embarks on a new Capital plan, the university is working on developing new tools are being developed to support project management, analysis and reporting in an effort to increase accuracy, transparency and communication. The Facilities Finance Capital Projects (FFCP) group is seeking a Business Analyst to implement a new Capital Project Management System (CPMS) that will facilitate the planning, execution and reporting of all projects that make up the University’s capital plan.
Reporting to the Director, Capital Projects, the business analyst will collaborate with the project team to create deliverables critical to project completion and system adoption. The Business Analyst supports the Capital Project Management System (CPMS), a two-year system development and deployment project. The Business Analyst will provide technical, analytical and decision-making support to the CPMS project team, and will be required to assist in the coordination and management of all aspects of the CPMS implementation. Tasks will include organization and analysis of project data and ongoing support for end users.
The CPMS project will provide an internal technology environment that will provide visibility into the overall health of the projects within the University’s Capital Plan. It will include the assessment, improvement and integration of business processes into the Capital Project Management System, which will support decision-making and planning within Facilities and other university units involved with the capital program.
With a staff of over 700 spread across 9 departments and 20 shops, Facilities is a multifaceted organization providing support to the entire Princeton University campus. In order to provide the services needed to maintain and grow a world-class institution, Facilities utilizes an operating budget of over $120 million, a capital program expending nearly $345 million a year. The Facilities Finance Capital Projects (FFCP) group, embedded within Facilities Finance and Administrative Services department is responsible for providing shared services to all Facilities clients as well as the broader university.
This is a benefits eligible, term position with an end date of November 2023, with the possibility to extend.
This position is deemed essential and may require the individual to be available on site or remotely during University holidays/closures.Responsibilities
This position will work as a part of our CPMS implementation team, to provide day-to-day implementation and support with the CPMS Implementation process. In this role, the Business Analyst will work alongside a collaborative implementation team to execute the following:
Administrative and Project Management Support for the CPMS tool
- Assists the CPMS team and integrator in the initial system build and rollout.
- Becomes proficient in system configuration and operation to enable post-roll-out adjustments and future module deployment.
- Utilizes system to create reports and materials for project meetings.
- Completes design documents, and collaborates with Facilities Information Technology group on technical design documents.
- Manages and updates the project plan on progress and next steps.
- Builds out workflows based on discussions with group (internal and external)
- Creates and manages process improvement of currently used workflows and systems. Enters project information into capital program management software
- Manages external vendors, which may be engaged for system configuration.
Process Documentation, Data Analysis and Integration
- Develops project deliverables including process flows, process narratives, requirements documents, and test plans.
- Develops system generated project and program level reports, including standardized and ad-hoc.
- Develops organizational and program level key performance reporting to support workload and organizational assessment and improvement.
- Develops and maintains detailed project plan.
- Organizes and evaluates data/ information; identifies data trends, synthesizes results.
- Documents user acceptance testing.
- Documents and analyzes user feedback and test results.
User Experience and Testing
- Provides usability design insight to system dashboard, reports and navigation.
- Performs system functional testing and documents test results.
- Go live and post go live support
- Continuous improvements and general user support as requested
- Creation and management of user training program.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5-7 years strongly related experience or minimum of 10 years’ experience including 5-7 years of project management, system implementation or financial experience.
- Able to develop effective and persuasive presentations and ability to learn to train all end users, including staff, vendors and other outside entities
- Ability to serve the Programs best interest and work effectively with client groups to coordinate project activities
- Must possess a basic functional knowledge of database development. These skills includes:
- General knowledge of construction critical path method (CPM) scheduling
- Process Management – Workflow Development
- Ability to develop and maintain successful user relations and ensure the smooth integration and implementation of the Unifier System
- Ability to be accountable for project deadlines
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skill
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills with sound judgment.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and possesses the ability to organize and synthesize information.
- Ability to extract critical details, spot trends, isolate relevant information, and make inferences.
- Capacity for both strategic thinking and planning with attention to tactical execution.
- Familiarity with, and a willingness to learn technology and data driven systems.
- Proficiency with MS Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with emphasis on data analysis, reports and presentations.
- Resourcefulness, initiative, and motivation.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- High level of energy and enthusiasm.
- Prior work experience in higher education, consulting, and/or information technology.
- Prior experience with systems such as PMWeb, eBuilder, or other PM systems.
- Knowledge of Primavera P6 and / or Microsoft Project.
- Prior work experience in a design and construction program environment.
- Proficient in the use of financial software applications. PeopleSoft and Cognos are a plus.
- Strong knowledge of software development cycle, particularly in an Agile environment.
- Strong knowledge of test planning, scripting, results evaluation, and prioritization
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW.
Standard Weekly Hours36.25Eligible for OvertimeNoBenefits EligibleYesEssential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)NoComments Related to End DateThree year termPhysical Capacity Exam RequiredNoValid Driver’s License RequiredNo