Tech Support Specialist I
Posting DetailsJob TitleTech Support Specialist IUnion LevelDepartmentCustomer Support CenterCampusStocktonPosting Number201302157PFull or Part TimeFull TimeNumber of Months12Work Schedule
May include remote work. Work performed during business hours that may vary between the hours of 7:00AM-10:00PM, M-Sun, occasional overtime, after hours and/or weekend availability may be required to meet business deadlines. Willingness to work under occasional stress. Travel as required to work on all University campuses.Position End DateOpen Date09/11/2020Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions to Applicants
For first consideration please apply on or before September 25, 2020.Primary Purpose
Manage, administer, and support school specific information technology (IT). Plan for new technologies and advise administration, faculty, and staff on appropriate information technology to meet Conservatory of Music needs.Essential Functions
1. Proactively manages and maintains computing services and equipment.
2. Advises Conservatory of Music faculty, staff, and administration on business and educational technology solutions.
3. Plans and implements Conservatory of Music specific IT projects to meet the needs of faculty, staff and students.
4. Excellent customer service skills with ability to communicate with a diverse group of customers, having differing levels of technical expertise, with patience and empathy, fostering trust.
5. Communicates clearly and effectively with users who have varying degrees of expertise.
6. Represent Conservatory of Music interests in interdepartmental and university wide technology planning processes.
7. Can serve at Customer Service intake desk to receive support requests in person, by phone or through other communications.
8. Address IT issues with equipment ranging from office workstations to specialized music production labs and studios.
9. Manages planned IT hardware refresh cycle.
10. Manages Conservatory of Music specific software licenses.
11. Administers Conservatory of Music specific servers and applications.
12. Provides technical assistance and support for the Conservatory of Music web site.
13. Logs each request received into the Pacific Technology Incident & Issue management System, maintains updates, and follows up to ensure customer satisfaction.
14. Provides training to faculty & staff on use of relevant technology and applications.
15. Other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
•High School Diploma/GED, and two (2) years experience with computer hardware and software.
•Minimum one (1) year experience in Customer Service environment; or equivalent combination of education, experience and training is required.
•Net+, relevant experience or equivalent certification required.
•Experience managing software deployment in computer labs or business units.
•Excellent customer service skills with ability to communicate with a diverse group of customers, having differing levels of technical expertise, with patience and empathy, fostering trust.
•Familiarity with technology in music related fields.
•Strong knowledge and understanding of computer application support, equipment maintenance and repair, customer service skills for a Help Desk environment, network installations/operations, computer management and support, systematic troubleshooting, cable installation and system security.
•Understanding of networks (I.e. LAN’s, WAN’s).
•Understanding of Active Directory (I.e. Password Resets, Users & Computers).
•Proficiency in and knowledge of ServiceNow Incident Management System.
•Proficiency in and knowledge of Apple products and iOS.
•Proficiency in and knowledge of Microsoft Windows products and productivity software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) required.
• Knowledge of Linux systems desirable.
•Preferred ITIL Foundation Certification or successful completion of ITILtraining and certification within introductory period.
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
•Ability to accept responsibility for managing assigned tasks, with follow-through to ensure successful completion.
•Ability and willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Extended periods of sitting with repetitive hand/wrist motion while keying on computer or using phone. Frequent walking and standing required. May require occasional, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching and occasional climbing of ladders and stairs. Simple grasping, frequent use of computer keyboard. Ability to lift/carry up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment and/or machine room with exposure to noise and cooler temperatures. May include remote work. Work performed during business hours that may vary between the hours of 7:00AM-10:00PM, M-Sun, occasional overtime, after hours and/or weekend availability may be required to meet business deadlines. Willingness to work under occasional stress. Travel as required to work on all University campuses.
Valid driver’s license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the University’s fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.Hiring RangeCommensurate with experience, non-exemptBackground Check Statement
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.AA/EEO Policy Statement
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a High School Diploma/GED, and two (2) years experience with computer hardware and software?
- * Do you have at least one (1) year of experience in a Customer Service environment; or equivalent combination of education, experience and training?
- * Do you have Net+, relevant experience or equivalent certification?
- * Do you have experience managing software deployment in computer labs or business units?
- * Are you currently excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other Federal health care program?
- * Have you received notice that you are under review for possible exclusion from Medicare, Medicaid or any other Federal health care program?
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- University of the Pacific Website
- Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U)
- Chronicle of HIgher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium - Northern California (NorCal HERC)
- Modesto Bee
- Pacific Employee
- Personal Referral
- Professional or Association Listserv
- Publication or website from a professional organization
- Sacramento Bee
- San Francisco Chronicle
- Stockton Record
- Agency Referral
- Other Online Job Board
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document