Part-Time Assistant Clinical Professor (Evergreen)
Posting DetailsTitlePart-Time Assistant Clinical Professor (Evergreen)CampusSacramento DepartmentOccupational Therapy Posting NumberF00331Full or Part TimePart TimeOpen DateClose DateOpen Until FilledNoDays Per WeekWeeks Per YearPosition Description
The School of Health Sciences at the University of the Pacific invites applicants for a part-time, non-tenure position as an assistant clinical professor in the Doctor of Occupational Therapy Program. Part-time faculty will develop and/or teach online, hybrid, and in-person courses.
Doctoral program based on the biopsychosocial philosophy.
Teaching is the primary focus at the University. We aspire to promote student learning within a humanistic environment that facilitates student success to be competent self-directed learners. The role of the part-time instructional faculty within the OTD Program at University of the Pacific is to provide instruction and develop courses as assigned in areas of knowledge and expertise.
The successful faculty candidate will be part of a highly motivated, cohesive faculty of experienced educators working as an interdisciplinary team to deliver a forward-thinking OTD curriculum designed to meet the 2018 ACOTE Accreditation Standards.
The successful candidate will work in collaboration with other OTD faculty members within the program to provide expertise and contribute to a collaborative working environment. This position will report directly to the OTD Program Director.
Job Description and Responsibilities Include:
• Teach or co-teach online, hybrid, or online courses in areas of expertise using innovative teaching modalities.
• Create or co-create online, hybrid, or in-person course content and materials in areas of expertise using innovative teaching modalities, including but not limited to:
o Course syllabus
o Reading assignments
o Outlines and scripts for videos, voice-over presentations, podcasts, and similar
o Quizzes and exams
o Discussion boards
o Student guidance
o Other teaching materials
• Create a student-centered learning environment.
• Prepare lecture capture PowerPoints, videos, course content, and other media rich technologies for effective teaching.
• Engage regularly with students in online forums, discussion boards, and virtual meetings.
• Grade learning activities and provide timely constructive feedback.
• Mentor student-directed scholarly work.
• Provide academic advising and professional mentorship.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Compensation will be based on experience and the specific responsibilities of the course.
Must have 3 years clinical practice in OT or PT. Must hold a professional license in the state of California or be eligible within one year of appointment.
Must hold a degree in discipline from an accredited USDE-recognized regional accrediting body. The degree is not limited to Occupational Therapy.
• A minimum of three (3) years clinical experience
• Ability to work as a team with administrators, fellow faculty, staff, and students.
• Knowledge, skills, and experience in working with diverse students
• Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written modalities
• Ability to create materials for in-person and online learning using diverse teaching methods that support student engagement.
• Computer and online systems literacy
Experience with online pedagogy, including synchronous and asynchronous delivery.
• Familiarity with Canvas, Zoom and other systems and tools for course management and online learning.
• Emphasis on social justice and professional work.
• Strong knowledge, skills and experience in working with diverse students and client/patient populations.
• Awareness and sensitivity to the educational goals of a multicultural population through cross-cultural study, training, teaching, and other professional experiences.
• Sincere desire for personal growth and development as an educator, including teaching, scholarship, and service throughout one’s career.
This recruitment is to establish a pool of qualified candidates from which multiple short-term, temporary appointments may be made.
The application includes providing contact information of three references for telephone reference checks. Please upload a one-page document containing the three references under “Other Documents”. Letters of recommendation are optional.
Your application will be active for up to 12 months within the temporary pool.
Submission of materials does not guarantee consideration for future employment in openings of this type, since availability can be unpredictable and consideration competitive.
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.Contact Information
Natalie Perkins, DrOT, M.Ed., OTR/L, FIIE
Director, Occupational Therapy Program
3200 Fifth Avenue | Sacramento, CA 95817
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.AA/EEO Policy Statement
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- CSHP Job Posting
- ACCP Job Posting
- Personal Referral
- Pacific Website
- * Have you received notice that you are under review for possible exclusion from Medicare, Medicaid or any other Federal health care program?
- * Are you currently excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other Federal health care program?
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Teaching Philosophy
- Faculty Letter of Reference 1
- Faculty Letter of Reference 2
- Faculty Letter of Reference 3
- Other Document