Assistant/Associate Clinical Professor- Occupational Therapy
Posting DetailsTitleAssistant/Associate Clinical Professor- Occupational TherapyCampusSacramento DepartmentOccupational Therapy Posting NumberF00333Full or Part TimeFull TimeOpen Date09/15/2020Close DateOpen Until FilledYesDays Per WeekWeeks Per YearPosition Description
The University of the Pacific invites qualified occupational therapists to apply for a full-time, 11-month, non-tenure track faculty position for its new Doctorate in Occupational Therapy program, which will be housed and delivered on the Sacramento campus. The program is seeking for this position individuals with knowledge and expertise necessary to teach foundational coursework in OT practice and professional development.
Please note that faculty rank and title are contingent upon the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience.
1.Job Description and Responsibilities:
•Teach aspects of the OT Practice framework.
•Ensure academic quality of the course content and delivery in a positive, educational environment.
•Provide course material for a generalist practitioner in compliance with ACOTE accreditation standards.
•Assist in student recruitment, mentoring and students advising for success in their professional development.
•Develop and participate in inter-professional education activities between the program and other disciplines in the School of Health Sciences and the university.
•Use innovative instruction and technology in the development and delivery of occupation-based interventions.
•Provide evidence-based applications of OT theory.
•Conduct active learning activities in skills courses.
•Promote the scholarship of teaching and learning.
•Participate in a supportive, respectful teaching environment where open discourse is encouraged.
•Conduct student evaluations and provide opportunities for learning, professional growth and development of values for lifelong learning.
•Collaborate with Marketing and Admissions offices to promote the program and recruit new students.
•Devise and document a faculty development professional plan consistent with the programs’ mission, values and scholarly agenda.
•Function in accordance with the student and faculty handbooks.
•Monitor student progress and assist with resolving student issues.
•Assist program director in the development and implementation of student retention plans.
•Mentor students’ scholarly projects.
•Represent the program to community and healthcare organizations as appropriate.
•Perform other related duties as assigned or requested by the program director.
• Must hold an occupational therapist license in the state of California or be eligible for licensure within one year of appointment.
• Must hold a doctoral degree (e.g. PhD, EdD, OTD) awarded by an institution that is accredited by a USDE-recognized regional accrediting body. The doctoral degree in not limited to a doctorate in Occupational Therapy.
•At least two (2) years of experience in a full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities at the post baccalaureate level
•A minimum of three (3) years of clinical experience in the field of occupational therapy.
•Must demonstrate ongoing scholarly achievement and research expertise.
•Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulation relating to program compliance and other regulatory standards such as Commission on Accreditation in Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) and other accreditation standards
•Experience with online pedagogy
•Sincere desire for personal growth and development as an educator, including teaching, scholarship, and service throughout one’s career.
•Effective interpersonal skills
•Strong written and verbal communication skills
•Proven organizational skills
•Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion of the institutional mission and values
Please include the following:
2. Cover Letter
3. Please provide contact information for at least three (3) references. References will be solicited by email to upload letters of recommendation into the system.
Natalie Perkins, DrOT, M.Ed., OTR/L, FIIE
3200 Fifth Ave. Sacramento, CA. 95817
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.AA/EEO Policy Statement
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- University of the Pacific Website
- Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U)
- Chronicle of HIgher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium - Northern California (NorCal HERC)
- Modesto Bee
- Pacific Employee
- Personal Referral
- Professional or Association Listserv
- Publication or website from a professional organization
- Sacramento Bee
- San Francisco Chronicle
- Stockton Record
- Agency Referral
- Other Online Job Board
- * Have you received notice that you are under review for possible exclusion from Medicare, Medicaid or any other Federal health care program?
- * Are you currently excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other Federal health care program?
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Teaching Philosophy
- Other Document