Director of Business Services
Position DetailsReq ID: req8510 Position Title: Director of Business Services Position Type: Staff Full-Time Position Number: 331056 OSU Campus: Oklahoma City Department: Business Office Location Address:
900 N. Portlnad Ave.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73107
United States Hiring Supervisor:
Ronda Reece Hiring Range:
(Contingent upon available funding): 0.00 - 0.00, Commensurate Work Schedule: Varies, occasionally includes some evenings and weekends. Faculty Appt Period: Job Summary:
Directs the activitiesand supervises the overall operation of Business Services, including accountsreceivable, data entry, billing, refunds and supervision of staff. Responsible for the efficient and effectiveutilization of resources and the proper accountability of revenues.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Directs the overall operation of Business Services and supervisespersonnel.
2. Demonstrates fiscal responsibility, efficient and effective utilizationof resources, and the proper accountability of revenues and expenditures.
3. Provides clear and concise staff reportsfor managerial action.
4. Supervisesthe disbursement of all refunds.
5. Trainsand develops staff members concerning use of the computer system, reports andother requirements.
6. Responsible for the imprest cash fundincluding disbursement, reconciliation and reimbursements.
7. Supervises the compilation or assistsin compiling reports such as monthly, quarterly and annual reports andreconciliations including but not limited to the following:
- Warrant interceptfile processing
- Collectionaccount processing/notification
- Bad debtprocessing/write-off procedures
- Student costinformation
- Student paymentoption plan
- 1099 processing
8. Maintains a complete and systematic setof records of all billing-receivable transactions of OSU-Oklahoma City. Updatesand maintains the billing-receivable system.
9. Maintains knowledge of and follows OSUand OSU-Oklahoma City policy regarding collection of student fees, refund ofstudent fees, disbursement of financial aid and all other office functions.
10. Maintainschanges in fee schedule and tuition related to student accounts.
11. Responsible for keeping information viaOSU-Oklahoma City Business Services website current.
12. Completes all mandatory training and participated in aminimum of two professional development each year.
13. Performs other duties as assigned
The duties listed in thisjob description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of workthat may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does notexclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logicalassignment to the position.
3-5 years administrative accounting experience requiringgeneral ledger fund accounting and accounts receivable experience. Skills, Knowledge, Abilities Required:
- Knowledge and skills of accounting and/or bookkeeping principles, methodology, and practicesKnowledge of cashiering and cash management principles, systems, procedures and standards.
Ability to communicate diplomatically, clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing to exchange information, give/receive instructions and respond to inquiries appropriately.
Ability to manage multiple priorities imposed by frequent deadlines, peak workloads, and public/student contact.
Strong interpersonal skills and sensitivity to a multicultural environment in an effort to work and communicate effectively with all students, faculty, staff and community partners.
Demonstrated knowledge of office technologies including but not limited to: office computers, fax machines, scanners, internet, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Excellent problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments
Highly proficient technical skills
Passion for assisting customers and representing the OSU brand with positivity and professionalism
Evidences a history of demonstrating ethical and professional behavior
- Previousexperience in higher education.Mastersdegree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include some evenings and weekends in an often times busy and noisy environment.
- Work will be performed in an office and classroom environment with a significant amount of public contact, in person, by telephone and via email.
- Duties require extended periods of sitting, standing, talking, listening and computer usage
Requires possible lifting of up to 25 lbs. (If an object weights more than 45 lbs., OSU-Oklahoma City requires this to be a two-person lift).