Assistant/Associate Professor of Operations Management
Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights athletics program has won 25 national championships (and counting!)
The Chronicle of Higher Education consistently recognizes us as a "Great College to Work For" with high scores in compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; respect and appreciation, and more.
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students. Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant or Associate Professor of Operations Management. The College of Business and Management at Lynn University requires faculty to teach courses in its undergraduate and graduate programs. The college offers on ground and online courses. Faculty appointments require teaching some courses on ground.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach four courses in each semester (Fall and Spring) in accordance with college guidelines.
- Participate in the college's assessment program of student performance.
- Timely response to student questions and concerns.
- Timely submission of university reports and requirements, such as attendance, grades, and student progress reports.
- Advising students on curricular and other needs.
- Contributing to scholarship as well as maintaining currency in the field.
- Contributing to service within the College, the University and broader communities.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Candidates must be proficient with using technology for instructional delivery, such as learning management systems (e.g. Canvas) and presentation software (e.g. PowerPoint).
- Related professional experience is highly desired.
- Candidates must have an appreciation of different learning styles to incorporate into their instructional delivery.
- Candidates must have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Candidates must have excellent numerical and analytical skills, and be advanced Excel users.
- Related professional certifications are useful for advancing candidacy consideration.
- Candidates who additionally have a graduate degree in Economics, or at least 18 graduate hours of Economics coursework, and research/teaching experience in that field are preferred.
- Candidates must be academically qualified to teach Operations and Supply Chain Management classes at the undergraduate and graduate level, which requires one of the following: a doctorate in the field of instruction (Operations, Logistics, or Supply Chain Management), or a doctorate in a related discipline of business with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours of coursework in the discipline of instruction (Operations, Logistics, or Supply Chain Management).
- All degrees must be from a regionally accredited university.
- Proof of being current in operations management, whether through continuous education, scholarship contributions and/or practical, high-level field experience.
Completed applications will be reviewed upon receipt for match to potential needs. Only completed applications will be reviewed, which must include a short cover letter, resume or CV with detailed academic credentials, copies of all college transcripts, and three letters of reference.Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, parenting status, veteran status or retirement status in its activities and programs. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the Lynn University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431, [email protected], or +1 561-237-7727; or to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2020 Lynn UniversityAmericans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreportFor your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.