Clinical Research Coordinator
Employment History Include your last ten (10) years of employment history, or length of your employment history if less, including all position (even those that are not relevant to this position) and periods of unemployment. Incomplete information could disqualify you from further consideration.
The Clinical Research Coordinator position will be working on all human studies in the Panda lab, with a focus on two major projects. The first is “Influence of time-restricted eating (TRE) on circadian regulation of glucose homeostasis and mitochondrial function in patients with Metabolic Syndrome.” The second is “Optimizing circadian rhythms by regulating eating patterns to reduce cardiometabolic disease risk among firefighters.” We are investigating the effect of time-restricted eating in improving health.
(80%) Clinical Study Data Collection
- Participant recruitment
- Monitoring patient participation
- Follow-up with study patients
Preparing for study visits
- Data collection and entry
- Data and study sample management
- Data analysis (sleep scoring, nutritional analysis, etc)
(20%) Other Support Tasks
- Ordering supplies & running study related errands
- Other Administrative tasks for study data organization
- May require travel; reliable mode of transportation (required)
- Demonstrated experience with general lab maintenance (including administrative tasks) data collection, entry, and analysis experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a clinical research assistant or equivalent related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences or related field.
- Completed courses on biological rhythms.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in researching information and analyzing data to arrive at valid conclusions.
- Demonstrated ability to record data accurately and enter into appropriate medium.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with both PC and MAC operating systems, standard business office equipment and commonly used software and tools, such as Microsoft Office, electronic mail, and the internet.
- Proficiency with common office software applications as well as software applications used for research, recording, and analysis.
- Highly organized, effective at multitasking, adept at juggling changing priorities
- Proven ability to work both independently and also as part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to motivate others and have good salesmanship qualities.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy, and flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with diverse groups. Demonstrated skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with personnel at all levels.
- Demonstrated knowledge of budget creation and management.
- Coding experience (Python, R, etc)
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must be willing to work in an animal-related research environment, but will not work with animals directly.
- Must be willing to work an adjusted schedule as needed to support research needs.
- Successful completion of the Institute’s background investigation.
- Must be willing to sign a confidentiality agreement.
This position requires constant adjusting focus, hearing, seeing, sitting, talking, communicating, reading, reasoning, writing and working inside.