Senior Data Analytics Analyst, People Analytics
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-09-14
The University of Virginia's Department of Human Resources seeks a Senior Data Analytics Analyst to join our People Data and Analytics Team. This position provides a unique opportunity to deliver best in class analytics solutions that drive positive business outcomes across both the Academic and Patient Care missions of the University with a primary focus on supporting the University Health System’s analytics needs.
The Senior Data Analytics Analyst will be responsible for analyzing data to draw conclusions and provide sophisticated analysis and reports. They are distinguished from Data Analysts by greater complexity in assigned tasks, greater degree of expertise, and substantial impact of analysis. They support efforts to ensure that data standards are developed and maintained. They assist in business and system re-engineering and architecture development. Senior Data Analysts act as an organizational consultant on matters relating to databases. They serve as the subject matter expert in special projects related to the specific data type.
Job duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the analysis of information and identify, interpret, and report the trends or patterns found in data sets. Deliver recommendations based on findings.
- Synthesize data analysis by creating graphs, reports, and presentations of results in order to make strategic and programmatic decisions.
- Manage the development of content for seminars, forums, and presentations. Present data in a way that can be easily and quickly grasped by stakeholders.
- Ensure that policies governing data management are met, including security and privacy.
- Consult with clients over questions of best practices in data analysis.
- Develop Workday Reports, Workday Worksheets, Workday Prism Datasets, Advanced Excel Workbooks and other solutions as assigned
- Serve as a subject matter expert HR data and processes related to the University’s Health System.
- Provide customer service and monitor case management workflows in Salesforce (UVA HR’s case management system)
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree
Experience: At least five years of experience including three years of experience in a healthcare setting. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Anticipated hiring range for this position is $70,000-90,000.
Preference will be given to applications received by September 25, 2020. The successful candidate will pass a criminal background check. PROCESS FOR INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs,” and search for ‘R0018454.‘ Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). PROCESS FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: Please visit UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, search for Requisition R0018454 ,complete the application and attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the "Resume" box. Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration. For information regarding the position or the application process, please contact Michele Jarman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.