Solutions Engineer - Programmer
Solutions Engineer - ProgrammerTracking Code698-674 Job Description
New or recent college graduates are encouraged to apply
The Solutions Engineer will work individually or as part of a team to analyze challenges, develop solutions, and implement the chosen solutions. He/She will be required to work with other developers as well as with various constituents both inside the department and in the greater university community.
- Discover new technology, learn their benefits and uses, and develop ways to take advantage of them to create software solutions for the University.
- Using established standards and programming principles, design, write, debug, install, and/or maintain specified software individually and/or as a member or leader of a project team.
- As assigned, consult with Deans, Directors, Department Chairs, and other University officials regarding their needs for software solutions.
- Perform software maintenance and system administrative tasks to support existing solutions and systems.
- Create and document standards and procedures to allow for a coherent and sustainable operational environment.
Knowledge and Skills:
- At least four years of relation database development experience. (e.g., MySQL, MSSQL)
- At least two years of web development experience (HTML, CSS)
- Possess proven human relation skills.
- Analytical mind and excellent diagnostic abilities.
- Ability to apply knowledge and experience to new and challenging situations.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field is preferable but not required with the appropriate real world experience.'
Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to cultural diversity and the ability to work with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds.
Employment at Valparaiso University will require a criminal background check.
To be considered for this position you must upload:
- Cover letter
- List of 3 professional references
- Answer all the application questions
Please address cover letter to:
Director of Data Architecture
Valparaiso, IN 46383