Program Specialist CCLC
Posting DetailsPosition Number005463Functional TitleProgram Specialist CCLCPosition TypeResearchPosition EclassEP - EHRA 12 mo leave earningUniversity Information
UNC Greensboro, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is 1 of only 57 doctoral institutions recognized by the Carnegie Foundation for both higher research activity and community engagement. Founded in 1891 and one of the original three UNC System institutions, UNC Greensboro is one of the most diverse universities in the state with 20,000+ students, and 3,000+ faculty and staff members representing 90+ nationalities. With 17 Division I athletic teams, 85 undergraduate degrees in over 125 areas of study, as well as 74 master’s and 32 doctoral programs, UNC Greensboro is consistently recognized nationally among the top universities for academic excellence and value, with noted strengths in health and wellness, visual and performing arts, nursing, education, and more. For additional information, please visit uncg.edu and follow UNCG on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit
The SERVE Center is a university-based research, development, dissemination, evaluation, and technical assistance center Through customized research and evaluation services, SERVE delivers actionable insights for both policymakers and practitioners. From large-scale experimental studies to small-scale qualitative work on topics ranging from early childhood to high school reform, SERVE builds the capacity of educators and policymakers to improve educational outcomes for students of all ages.Position Summary
The primary purpose of the Program Specialist position is to provide grant management and support of the 21st Century Community Learning Centers (CCLC) Program authorized under Title IV, Part B, of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) of 1965 as amended by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) of 2015. The purpose of the 21st CCLC program is to provide federal funds to establish or expand community learning centers that operate during out-of-school hours.
This position will serve the northwest/western regions of North Carolina.Minimum Qualifications
- Masters Degree in educational field, with three (3) or more years progressively responsible educational experience – to include school and/or district level leadership positions.
- General knowledge of implementing federally-funded programs to support K-12 education, including SEAs, LEAs, and schools.
- Experience with supporting low-performing, high-poverty, and/ or rural school initiatives and efforts.
- Experience in researching, writing, and editing publications.
- Experience in meeting planning and facilitation.
- Experience in developing materials and products for training and professional development offerings, and for broad dissemination.
- Experience in the use of technology to support communication (e.g., websites, listservs) and virtual professional learning (e.g., webinars, online communities).
- Experience with MS Word, PowerPoint, and other applications for developing and preparing materials for meetings, professional learning events, and for online and print publication.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong teamwork, leadership, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team of colleagues.
- Sensitivity in working with diverse groups.
An understanding of the Department of Public Instruction working structure is beneficial.Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are required to upload the following documents with their electronic application:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Applications are not successfully submitted until an online confirmation number has been received at the end of the application process.Recruitment RangeCommensurate with ExperienceOrg #-DepartmentSERVE - 12004Job Open Date09/15/2020For Best Consideration DateJob Close DateOpen Until FilledYesFTE1.000Type of AppointmentPermanentIf time-limited, please specify end date for appointment.Number of Months per Year12FLSAExemptKey Responsibilities ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Percentage Of Time60%Key Responsibility
Program oversight and grant managementEssential Tasks
Serve as grants manager including review of program development and outcomes. Research and evaluate 21st Century Afterschool Learning programs evaluating multiple programs across the state to ensure compliance and program quality within the local education agencies (LEAs) as well as consistency. Ensure compliance to grant guidelines. When LEA’s are not in compliance, the program specialist will develop solutions based on research obtained in evaluation of other entities within the region and other regions and assist with implementation to ensure compliance.
Provide research, oversight and documentation based on work with the individual LEAs to provide appropriate documentation for USED. Develop and implement internal control processes to meet grant needs and monitor to determine and implement modifications as needed.Percentage Of Time30%Key Responsibility
Technical AssistanceEssential Tasks
Provide technical assistance in coordination with the Statewide System of Support. Conduct regional/service area meetings with a focus on statewide and regional needs, current federal compliance, and general federal program updates. Develop programs to support organization and agency meetings/conferences as appropriate to represent the work of the section, present quality information, and coordinate with the work of others. Utilize technology (e.g., GotoMeeting, GotoWebinar) to develop and conduct technical assistance sessions for LEAs/charter schools. Develop and coordinate the dissemination of resources to assist LEAs/charter schools with federal program implementation.Percentage Of Time5%Key Responsibility
Data AnalysisEssential Tasks
Provide Data analysis and support within the statewide system of support to achieve overall effectiveness of education programs in accordance with federal and state requirements. Utilize NCCIP, NCCFDC, and NCDPI budgeting system.
Serve on and contribute to Service Support Teams and Comprehensive Needs Assessment teams.
Other DutiesEssential Tasks
Other duties as assigned to meet the deliverables of the grant.
Write for publication as appropriate.ADA ChecklistPhysical EffortHearing, Talking, Walking, Lifting-0-30 lbs.Work EnvironmentApplicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News & Record
- Carolina Peacemaker
- Other Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Online Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship?