RESEARCH ASSOCIATE II - Ocelot Crossing and Road Mortality Monitoring
Assists with coordination of all research aspects of the project, including field research, reporting, accounting, and purchasing. The project entails monitoring the effectiveness of road crossings and wing walls along a stretch of highway in Texas ocelot habitat. This project involves the fields of applied ecology and conservation at the interface of land use change and the consideration for endangered species.Description of Duties
• Conducts, monitors, and analyzes research projects and data.
• Uses statistical methods for the relational databases to analyze data sets.
• Prepares reports of research findings.
• Conducts data-gathering
• Authors or edits technical reports and summaries of findings.
• Assists with planning, developing, coordinating, and administering research projects.
• Assists with formulating research objectives, programs, and priorities.
• May train users on the operation and data management of research equipment.
• Operates and maintains equipment and automated systems.
• Complies with all State and University policies.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Specific supervision from assigned supervisor.Supervision Given
May carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s and project objectives, policies while supervising student employees.Required Education
Master’s degree from an accredited University in an applicable discipline.Preferred Education
• No experience with a Master’s degree from an accredited University in an applicable discipline, or
• Three (3) years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University in an applicable discipline.Preferred Experience
Knowledge of statistical concepts and methods and their application to research analysis, of measurement, testing, and evaluation, and of research methods, principles, techniques, and philosophies. Skilled in conducting qualitative and quantitative research and in using computers, software, and statistical tools and programs. Ability to plan, organize, and oversee research projects, evaluate research data, ensure the development of measuring instruments with respect to reliability, relevance, and validity, interpret and publish research findings, and communicate effectively. Knowledge of all Microsoft Office software and able to learn and use institutional software systems.Working Conditions
*Position is located in Port Isabel, TX.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Other
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and the public. This position is designed for full-time employees. May work some evenings and/or weekends.Physical CapabilitiesEmployment CategoryFull-TimeMinimum SalaryCommensurate with ExperiencePosted SalaryCommensurate with ExperiencePosition Available Date09/18/2020Grant Funded PositionYesIf Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date08/31/2022EEO Statement
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.Special Instructions to Applicants
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]Additional Information
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.Quick Linkhttp://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/25780Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a current UTRGV employee?
- * Are you now, or previously, employed by The University of Texas System or any of its institutions?
- Yes - I currently am employed by the UT System or its institutions
- Yes - I have previously been employed by the UT System or its institutions
- No - I have never been employed by the UT System or its institutions
- * Please select your highest level of completed education.
- 6th grade education
- 10th grade education
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates Degree, Technical, or Trade School Degree/Certification or 60 Hours of College Hours
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited university
- Masters Degree from an accredited university
- Ph. D. or other terminal degree from an accredited university
- None of the above
- * Please provide the field of study for your education:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of full time work experience you have directly related to the position in which you are applying for:
- Less than 1 year
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years
- 5 years
- 6 years
- 7 years
- 8 years
- 9 years
- 10 years
- Over 10 years
- * Do you meet the minimum requirements for this position?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
- Certifications and Licenses
- Training Certificates
- Other Document
- List of 3 References
- Unofficial Transcripts 2
- Unofficial Transcripts 3
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Graduate Transcripts
- Additional Document