Provides professional skills in conducting research and analyzing data to aid administrators in the decision making process. Responsible for gathering and analyzing information on a wide range of topics and preparing reports.Description of Duties
• Coordinates the gathering and development of data in support of administrative decision-making and policy development.
• Collects information from a wide variety of sources.
• Researchers, drafts, and coordinates departmental, program, or center communication and correspondence for issue resolution and policy clarification.
• Reviews and analyzes collected data so that it can be presented in such a manner as to be useful to other participants in a particular project.
• Provides analysis and interpretation of data and makes recommendations as appropriate.
• Provides performance monitoring, information gathering and reporting.
• Develops and maintains information databases.
• Provides a variety of administrative staff services to the department covering various assignments depending on the needs of the department.
• Serves as the institution’s point of contact for the gathering and disseminating of information of assigned projects.
• Complies with all applicable federal, state and university regulations and procedures.
• Assists in the preparation of manuscripts and presentation materials.
• Edits research papers, project reports, and publication materials as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.Supervision Received
General direction from the assigned supervisor.Supervision Given
May supervise assigned staff.Required Education
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.Preferred Education
Two (2) years of experience, including experience conducting research or data analysis.Preferred Experience
Use of standard office equipment, including spreadsheet, and database software.Working Conditions
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.Other
Work performed on multiple projects concurrently. Ability to interact in a professional manner with faculty, staff, students and the public.Physical Capabilities
N/AEmployment CategoryFull-TimeMinimum SalaryCommensurate with ExperiencePosted SalaryCommensurate with ExperiencePosition Available Date09/21/2020Grant Funded PositionNoIf Yes, Provide Grant Expiration DateEEO Statement
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.Special Instructions to Applicants
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.Additional Information
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.Quick Linkhttp://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/25743Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a current UTRGV employee?
- * Are you now, or previously, employed by The University of Texas System or any of its institutions?
- Yes - I currently am employed by the UT System or its institutions
- Yes - I have previously been employed by the UT System or its institutions
- No - I have never been employed by the UT System or its institutions
- * Please select your highest level of completed education.
- 6th grade education
- 10th grade education
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates Degree, Technical, or Trade School Degree/Certification or 60 Hours of College Hours
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited university
- Masters Degree from an accredited university
- Ph. D. or other terminal degree from an accredited university
- None of the above
- * Please provide the field of study for your education:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of full time work experience you have directly related to the position in which you are applying for:
- Less than 1 year
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years
- 5 years
- 6 years
- 7 years
- 8 years
- 9 years
- 10 years
- Over 10 years
- * Do you meet the minimum requirements for this position?
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
- Certifications and Licenses
- Training Certificates
- Other Document
- List of 3 References
- Unofficial Transcripts 2
- Unofficial Transcripts 3
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Graduate Transcripts
- Additional Document