Food Service Worker
Food Service Worker
Job ID: 220024
Location: Georgia Southern - Savannah
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Prepare excellent food and provide exceptional service to maintain satisfaction among Dining Services customers. Support and direct student and temporary employees to maintain optimal performance.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure compliance with standards and regulations
- Wait on customers, take orders, deliver and/or service food
- Perform cashier duties
- Receive and stock merchandise
- Operate and clean dishwasher
- Prepare, cook and serve large amounts of menu items
- Maintain clean and sanitary cooking and preparation areas throughout shift
- Participate in training temporary and student employees
- Follow safety and other risk management policies in performance of work
- Maintain and clean utensils, equipment and work areas; report damaged equipment
- Exhibit professional customer service
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One (1) or more years of work-related experience
- Knowledge of e-mail and online access
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Knowledge of use of food service equipment
- Understand portion control
- Understand temperatures of hot and cold foods and temperatures for coolers and freezer
- Knowledge of sanitation regulations
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Demonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for specific position
- Use effective communication and human relations skills
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
Apply Before Date
September 9, 2020
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at [email protected].
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected].
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Required to stand for long periods throughout shift
- May be required maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Work in a cafeteria setting; occasionally required to work outdoors
- Duties require standing, kneeling, bending, reaching and walking throughout shift
- Environment may become noisy, crowded at times
- Flex hours may be required to include nights, weekends, special events, and periods of inclement weather
2320601 - Armstrong-Galley
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=220024&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency