Educational Program Specialist II
Educational Program Specialist II
Job ID: 220655
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Develop and deliver a range of educational assistance programs to empower students to successfully progress towards academic goals through serving as a secondary advisor for learning support, leading academic skill workshops and hosting one-on-one consultations. This position requires occasional evening and weekend work.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
- Connect students to academic support services and other campus resources as appropriate
- Use EAB Navigate platform to track and maintain student and advisor records
- Assist with the overall assessment and evaluation of functional area and adapting strategies appropriately
- Serve on University and departmental committees as assigned
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Provide consultations designed to support students
- Develop and deliver content for year-round academic workshops and presentations to students, student groups, and campus partners
- Assist and coach students in the resolution of individual academic problems that may include, but are not limited to: study skills, time management, test-taking strategies, stress management, note-taking, communicating with professors
- Implement a marketing and communication plan to advertise department workshop and presentation services to faculty, student organizations, and other departments
- Serve as the secondary advisor for students in Learning Support for up to 100 students and ensure knowledge of USG and institution policies
- Provide timely assistance in helping assigned students register for class, make drop/add adjustments during the first week of classes, and withdraw from classes by established deadlines
- Provide testing consultations, advisement and registration assistance to incoming Learning Support students at SOAR sessions (orientation)
- Collaborate with relevant student support teams across campus, including but not limited to Academic Advisement, Student Athlete Services, Office of the Registrar, etc.
- Master's degree
- One or more years of related work experience
- Experience creating and delivering effective workshops for academic support in the higher education environment
- Experience with student information and registration systems (Banner, EAB Navigate, etc)
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Exhibit engaging customer service
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office applications as well as knowledge of Google Suite
- Understanding of procedures and willingness to follow University policies to meet institutional goals
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and human relation skills
Apply Before Date
October 10, 2020
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at [email protected].
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected].
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Work performed in office and classroom settings, as well as events
- Occasional travel required
- Workweek occasionally extends beyond 40 hours
Standard and Education
3900103010 - Academic Success Center
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=220655&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency