Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator and Technology Coordinator
The Center of Online Learning (COOL) at Columbus State University (CSU) has an opening for a Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator and Technology Coordinator. This position will report to the Director and will support faculty, staff, and students in both the LMS for the University and for the University System of Georgia (USG). This position serves in three primary areas: LMS Operations, User Support, and Technology Support.Special Applicant Instructions
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled. All applications and required documents must be submitted using Columbus State University’s online employment site and a complete packet must be submitted for full consideration.Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
LMS Operations (50%)
- Creating user accounts and managing course enrollments.
- Creating, copying, and managing course templates and courses
- Creating, managing, and assigning user roles as appropriate
- Installing and testing third party integrations
- Processing and verifying SIS Banner enrollment files.
- Pursuing and resolving LMS functionality issues.
User Support (35%)
- Providing LMS user support as requested.
- Actively participating in USG administrator groups, attending conferences and meetings, and contributing to list-servs.
- Acting as key liaison between USG and CSU to deliver and report timely news and notifications.
- Collaborating with the COOL Instructional Designer to design training for faculty and staff, in one-on-one, face-to-face, virtually, or larger group gatherings.
- Coordinating new LMS initiatives with the Accessibility Specialist and Instructional Designer.
- Coordinating technical support efforts with those of the Department of University Information & Technology Services.
Technology Support (15%)
- Maintaining and tracking equipment needs for the COOL, faculty, and staff within CSU.
- Providing training and support on various technologies available within the COOL office space.
- Researching and coordinating software, hardware, and other requested technology purchases.
Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) and three years of experience as an LMS administrator. The successful candidate must possess the ability to troubleshoot, resolve, and document technical issues; strong customer service and interpersonal skills; strong analytical, organizational, and collaborative skills; and excellent written and oral communication skills. Additionally, the selected candidate must also possess the ability to work both independently and collaboratively, maintain good relationships, and assist people with a wide variety of technical abilities; do focused work and multi-task when interruptions and emergencies arise; stay abreast of current technology trends; and possess the ability to be flexible and open to learning new things in different ways.Preferred Qualifications
Preferred qualifications include: D2L/Brightspace experience and experience within a higher education academic environment is highly preferred.Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Unofficial Transcripts
If you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Office at 706-507-8920 or e-mail to [email protected]Conditions of Employment
A successful criminal background check will be required as a condition of employment.Equal Employment Opportunity
Columbus State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, Committed to Diversity in Hiring.