Heating/Cooling Plant Operator III
Posting DetailsJob TitleHeating/Cooling Plant Operator IIIRequisition NumberRE23759Working TitleDepartment Name3CU00:Utilities & Energy ManagementWork LocationLexington, KyGrade Level41Salary Range$14.99-23.98/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
HSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
5 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
Standing or walking with objects up to 50lbs; Repetitive motion. May be exposed to loud noises, fumes, confined spaces, and/or temperature extremes while reviewing a job-site(s).Shift
Shifts [7:00am – 3:00pm; 3:00pm – 11:00pm; & 11:00 pm – 7:00am]. Hours of work may vary dependent upon situational factors and crisis management, requiring some night(s), weekend(s), and/or holiday(s) responseJob Summary
Under the supervision of the Utilities Systems Supervisor, this position works as the team leader and is responsible for duties relative to maintenance, installation, and operation of equipment to maintain steam pressure/chilled systems. Primary duties of this position and the team for which it leads include, but are not limited to: focusing on preventative maintenance with all H/C Plant equipment; assisting in maintenance and safe operation of mechanical and pneumatic equipment at the H/C Plants; maintaining records of maintenance and repair; maintaining, installing, and operating equipment at H/C Plants; maintaining proper steam pressure and chilled water temperatures; maintaining/operating boilers and associated equipment; ? lling and draining boilers; assisting in training and monitoring of General Maintenance Worker IIs in coal bed/boiler operations; feeding coal into boilers; maintaining a uniform coal bed; removing ashes and emptying coal accumulation; keeping job site clean; responding to emergency situations and other duties as assigned. Must be able to work overtime when required. In addition, this position requires frequent climbing to various height levels; crawling into tight places; signifcant lifting, pushing, and/or pulling of 50 lbs. or more. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be frequently exposed to extreme temperature conditions (boiler room, steam pits, outdoor weather, etc.), hazardous chemicals, and fumes.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
MS Windows /Office; SAP; KRONOS Driver’s License — Preferred Experience with building and equipment maintenance; HVAC troubleshooting and repair experience. Ability to work different shifts and overtime as neededDoes this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
High School + 5 YearsDeadline to Apply09/21/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Describe how your skills and experience make you a good fit for this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Indicate your amount of paid work experience maintaining mechanical and pneumatic equipment.
- More than 0, up through 6 months
- More than 6 months, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * Please indicate the number of years of paid experience you have maintaining and operating chillers, compressors, underground distribution lines, towers, pumps, and auxiliary equipment.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * The essential functions of this position require you to work at various height levels; in confined spaces and extreme weather/temperature conditions; be able to identify standard wiring colors, and; push, pull, or lift objects over 50 lbs. Can you meet these requirements with or without reasonable accommodations?
- * Describe your experience with substations, breakers and overhead and underground power distribution.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter