Enterprise Access Services Director/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitleEnterprise Access Services Director/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24568Working TitleEnterprise Access Services DirectorDepartment NameH4027: REV Cycle MGT-PFEWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level15Salary Range$95,056-162,406/yearType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
BAClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
10 YrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
The physical requirements of this position include: occasionally standing or walking with objects up to 10lbs; sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time with repetitive motions (such as typing); and intermittent (10%-50% of the time) job-related travel.Shift
Day shift with some holidays and weekends per business needs.Job Summary
The Enterprise Access Services Director oversees the integrated direction of processes to provide timely and accurate access to support patient care, education, research, revenue cycle and legal requirements. Through leadership abilities and knowledge of Access theory and practice, the Director will set goals and objectives for the department. The Director will also establish plans for implementation of goals to support the quality, safety, and service agenda for the Enterprise. Goals will be effectively tracked, communicated, and monitored. The Director will also focus on continuous process improvement to ensure effective and efficient utilization of resources. The Director shall strive for high levels of employee engagement, internal customer success, and patient satisfaction.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
The ideal candidate will possess excellent administrative and staff management skills; have the ability to lead and direct others toward goal setting and attainment, taking into account divergent demands while managing scope and timelines; demonstrates strong analytical and qualitative research experience; be well organized; have exceptional communication skills (written & verbal); enjoy working independently as well as closely with their co-workers in a supportive team environment; outstanding computer skills (to include Microsoft Office); above average customer service skills; strong ability to engage and motivate others; active listening skills; and a thorough understanding of resource and employee management.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? YesPreferred Education/Experience
Master’s degree with experience in Healthcare Access and/or Operations preferred.Deadline to Apply09/29/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Briefly describe your management and/or leadership experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please give a specific example of a complex project you've managed from start to finish. Include how your leadership on this initiative resulted in high impact change in your organization as well as the critical success factors which enabled you to achieve results.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of management experience do you have?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years, up through 7 years
- More than 7 years
- * Please indicate your years of paid work experience in the field of Patient Access Services.
- More than 0, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 4 years
- More than 4 years, up through 6 years
- More than 6 years, up through 8 years
- More than 8 years, up through 10 years
- More than 10 years
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter