Posting DetailsJob TitleMedical Assistant/Ambulatory/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24565Working TitleDepartment NameM4000:Pediatrics ClinicWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level06Salary Range$13.58-21.83/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
HSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
0 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
Have one or more of the following: 1. Kentucky Registered SRNA, 2. RN nursing student who has completed first fundamental course and a clinical, 3. Military Medic, 4.Graduate from an accredited medical assistant program, 5. Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), 6. Registered Medical Assistant (RMA), 7. Nationally Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA), 8. Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA), 9. A CST III at UK in the last 12 months: PLUS BLS at time of hire through American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support certification for the Healthcare ProviderPhysical Requirements
Requires handling of average weights or objects up to 25 pounds with some sitting, standing, or walking.Shift
8:00am – 5:00pmJob Summary
The Medical Assistant (MA) will be responsible for direct patient care and provides clinical support to providers.
Duties include but not limited to the following: obtain patient medical history information, expedite patient flow, room patients, stocking clinic with supplies, navigate electronic health record system, schedule and follow-up with appointments and assist with medication fill requests, prior authorizations and schedule tests, procedures and consults.
The MA will communicate with pharmacies, insurance companies, patients and physicians in a respectful manner and follow UK Healthcare behavioral expectations for service excellence.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Customer service, verbal and written communication, organization, time management, familiarization with computer applications.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
One or more years of related clinical experience preferred.Deadline to Apply09/22/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have one or more of the following: 1. Kentucky Registered SRNA, 2. RN nursing student who has completed first fundamental course and a clinical, 3. Military Medic, 4.Graduate from an accredited medical assistant program, 5. Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), 6. Registered Medical Assistant (RMA), 7. Nationally Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA), 8. Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA), 9. A CST III at UK in the last 12 months?
- * Do you have a current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification through the American Heart Association (AHA), or are you eligible to obtain this by date of hire?
- * Please indicate your years of paid work experience in customer service.
- More than 0, through 1 year
- More than 1, through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * Please indicate your years of paid work experience in working with electronic medical records.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 4 years
- More than 4 years
- * Are you a Certified or Registered Medical Assistant or a State Registered Nurses Aide?
- * Please indicate your paid employment experience working in a pediatric medical office or hospital.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter