Health Data Analyst/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitleHealth Data Analyst/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24543Working TitleHealth Data AnalystDepartment NameH4021: Revenue Management - Coding & DocumentationWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level10Salary Range$22.44-37.74/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
AAClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
1 yrRequired License/Registration/Certification
CCS, CCA, RHIT, RHIA, CPC or CCS-PPhysical Requirements
This position requires sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time and performing tasks with repetitive motions (such as typing).Shift
Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pmJob Summary
The Revenue Management department is seeking a Health Data Analyst to support the department’s mission of providing timely and compiled information to clinicians and other ancillary personnel in support of education and legal requirements. This position supports reducing accounts receivable, and will be responsible for coding, abstracting, and compliance, as well as providing exceptional customer service. Essential duties include analyzing outpatient clinical documentation and diagnostic results as appropriate to extract data and apply appropriate ICD-10-CM, CPT-4, HCPCS and modifier codes for hospital reimbursement; assigning diagnosis/es and procedures supported by the health record documentation; and abstracting, coding and assigning necessary demographic and clinical data elements required for outpatient records. This position will also communicate with medical staff, hospital and clinic staff, and external representatives in relation to coding functions and documentation requirements, as well as meet daily, weekly and monthly Accounts Receivable goals set by department administration.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Extensive background in medical terminology; human anatomy & physiology; ICD-9CM and CPT-4; and typing and technical skills.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
RHIA and/or RHIT certification(s) preferred.Deadline to Apply09/22/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have one of the following certifications in coding – CCS, CCA, RHIT, RHIA, CPC or CCS-P – or eligible to obtain this by date of hire?
- * Please indicate your years of paid work experience with medical coding and billing.
- More than 0, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please provide a specific example from your past experience that highlights your ability to provide great customer service.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter