Nurse Coordinator Clinical/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitleNurse Coordinator Clinical/UKHCRequisition NumberNR07870Working TitleRN/Rapid Repsonse TeamDepartment NameH3280:Command CenterWork LocationUK Chandler & UK Good Samaritan HospitalGrade Level11Salary Range$25.71-42.94/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
ADNRequired Related Experience
A minimum of 4 years RN experience with at least 18 months in a critical care unit.Required License/Registration/Certification
Active Kentucky RN license, Temporary Work Permit (TWP), or active compact
state RN license that is in good standing and American Heart Association
(AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for the Healthcare Provider valid for at least 6 months after employment date. American Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification is also required within the first 18 months of employment.
The essential functions for this position include the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 50-100 pounds on a daily basis and 25-50 pounds frequently; as well as stand, walk and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases, hazards of radiation, and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.Shift
Must be able to work three 12-hour night shifts/week (8p-830a), will also be
required to work some holidays and weekends.
Rapid Response duties include standard duties of a Registered Nurse;
however, advanced level of practice as a Critical Care nurse is required. Ability
to provide immediate, rapid care in emergencies including decline in patient
condition is essential. Also, acts as a resource to other nurses in clinical/critical
decision making. Prior teaching/classroom instruction on patient decline and
failure to rescue is also preferred. The primary responsibilities for this position consist of providing total, comprehensive, continuous and patient centered care which includes: assessing, documenting, planning, implementing, teaching, developing, and evaluating a comprehensive nursing plan of care; delivering direct patient care; ensuring patient satisfaction; training and delegating duties for Nursing Care Technicians (Nursing Assistant); and adhering to University policies and procedures as well as federal, state and local regulations. Furthermore, this environment supports collaborative efforts among the nursing staff and the team of physicians to increase communication and enhance expected patient outcomes. This includes utilization of the nursing process in conjunction with a comprehensive patient-centered plan of care, ensuring patient satisfaction.
BLS, ACLS, Critical thinking, strong communication skills.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
BSN with 5 years critical care experience strongly preferred. Prior Rapid
Response experience is also preferred. CCRN is required or within 12 months
from job acceptance. Advance to Gold level on NPA within 12 months of job acceptance is also required.
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate your current Nursing Educational Level.
- New Graduate
- PhD or DNP
- * Are you currently employed as a registered nurse at UK HealthCare Chandler/UK HealthCare Samaritan Hospitals?
- * Please indicate your current licensure status.
- Current KY RN License
- Current compact state RN licensure
- Current non-compact state RN licensure
- New Graduate within 6 months or Provisional License
- Valid KY Temporary Work Permit
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- On-line Advertisement
- Military Connection Advertisement
- Job Fair
- "I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- None of the Above
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * Do you currently have at least 18 months of Nursing experience in a Critical Care setting?
- * Please indicate the number of years of paid work experience you have as a RN, in which you were directly responsible for patient care in a critical care unit.
- More than 0, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter