Nurse Development Coordinator/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitleNurse Development Coordinator/UKHCRequisition NumberNR07506Working TitlePerioperative Educator/Perioperative Services/OR and Procedural RN EducatorDepartment NameH3320:Perioperative ServicesWork LocationLexingtonGrade Level11Salary Range$25.71-42.94/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
BSNRequired Related Experience
2 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
Active Kentucky RN license, Temporary Work Permit (TWP), or active compact state RN license that is in good standing and American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support certification for the Healthcare Provider valid for at least 6 months after employment date.Physical Requirements
The essential functions for this position include the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 50-100 pounds on a daily basis and 25-50 pounds frequently; as well as stand, walk and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases, hazards of radiation, and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.Shift
The shift will be days with occasional weekend/nights to cover educational needs of the department.Job Summary
This position provides the necessary oversight, guidance, education and skills to clinical nursing staff and management of ongoing competency and professional development of nurses employed in the Operating Room and Procedural Areas with focus on Endoscopy. The primary responsibilities for this position consist of providing total, comprehensive, continuous and patient centered care which includes: assessing, documenting, planning, implementing, teaching, developing, and evaluating a comprehensive nursing plan of care; delivering direct patient care; ensuring patient satisfaction; training and delegating duties for Nursing Care Technicians (Nursing Assistant); and adhering to University policies and procedures as well as federal, state and local regulations. Furthermore, this environment supports collaborative efforts among the nursing staff and the team of physicians to increase communication and enhance expected patient outcomes. This includes utilization of the nursing process in conjunction with a comprehensive patient-centered plan of care, ensuring patient satisfaction. The University of Kentucky recognizes the sanctity of the relationship between the health care professional and the patient. Therefore, all UK HealthCare employees commit to providing excellent service and promoting a positive image while adhering to the following UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations and Standards: * Customer Centered – A customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. * Service Focused – Being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. * Quality Driven – Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. * Resource Wise – Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. * Growth Oriented – Attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Microsoft office (Windows, Excel, PowerPoint), Presentation skills, Oral and Written Communication Skills, Data Management, Teaching and Learning Knowledge Base, Schedule Coordination, Conflict Resolution, & Critical Thinking.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
BSN and 2 years direct patient care experience in Endoscopy or ICU preferred. Previous experience in staff development or clinical education preferred.Deadline to Apply09/28/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate your current Nursing Educational Level.
- New Graduate
- PhD or DNP
- * Are you currently employed as a registered nurse at UK HealthCare Chandler/UK HealthCare Samaritan Hospitals?
- * Please indicate your current licensure status.
- Current KY RN License
- Current compact state RN licensure
- Current non-compact state RN licensure
- New Graduate within 6 months or Provisional License
- Valid KY Temporary Work Permit
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- AONE (American Organization of Nurse Executives)
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- On-line Advertisement
- Military Connection Advertisement
- Job Fair
- "I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- None of the Above
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * Please indicate your years of endoscopy experience.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter