Philanthropy Officer Sr - Planned Giving
Posting DetailsJob TitlePhilanthropy Officer Sr - Planned GivingRequisition NumberRE24542Working TitleDirector of PhilanthropyDepartment Name7H025:CANCER CENTER-CORE SUPPORTWork LocationLexington KYGrade Level48Salary Range$59,613-98,363/yearType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
BAClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
7 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
Sitting at computer workstation for extended periods.
Standing or walking with objects up to 10lbs.
Monday – Friday (40 hrs/week) with some evenings and weekends as required.Job Summary
UK Markey Cancer Foundation is embarking on an expansion of philanthropy to fund our growing patient care, research and education mission.
We seek an accomplished philanthropy professional with at least four years’ experience in face-to-face fundraising to serve as our Director of Philanthropy. In this role, the incumbent will be responsible for working with assigned physicians to engage grateful patients, as well as engaging community benefactors and alumni as major giving prospects, seeking gifts of $100,000 or more.
The successful director will be someone who has experience and professional ethics and standards to represent the institution with top donors and UK medical faculty and administration, as well as someone who is goal-oriented and able to meet and surpass metrics in prospect visits, proposals submitted and dollars raised.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
MS Office Suite, fundraising, proficient people skills and relationship building.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/ExperienceDeadline to Apply09/22/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years experience do you have in fundraising/development?
- More than 0, up thru 2 years
- More than 2 years, up thru 4 years
- More than 4 years, up thru 6 years
- More than 6 years
- * Describe a previous position you have held that had fundraising goals and explain how did you met those goals.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter