Extension Custodian - Bullitt County
Posting DetailsJob TitleExtension Custodian - Bullitt CountyRequisition NumberRE24490Working TitleDepartment Name81313: KCES District 3Work LocationShepherdsville, KYGrade Level00Salary RangeType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
No set minimum requirements.Click here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
No set minimum requirements.Required License/Registration/Certification
Ability to sweep, mop, vacuum, and perform other cleaning duties. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather.Shift
Monday-Friday (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.); occasional nights, weekends or holidays may be required.Job Summary
Job Title: Extension Custodian – Bullitt County
Location: Shepherdsville, KY
As an Extension Custodian/Groundskeeper, you will be responsible for the overall maintenance, cleanliness and other basic custodial aspects of the Extension office. You will maintain the grounds and outdoor areas, including mowing and landscaping. You will service the building and equipment, providing maintenance and repairs as needed. General duties include facility management, cleaning, maintenance, landscaping, conference room set up, and general repairs, while conducting yourself in a professional manner. Specific duties will include, but are not limited to, cleaning, stocking, and maintaining bathrooms and kitchen areas; vacuuming and dusting entire office area; emptying trash and recyclables; maintaining and cleaning outdoor areas; occasional duties such as stripping and waxing floors; changing light bulbs; steam cleaning carpets; landscaping, mowing and trimming outside areas; equipment repairs; and setting up conference rooms.
You will report to an Extension Agent and there will be some interaction with the general public.
Salary Range: $15.00 / hourSkills / Knowledge / AbilitiesDoes this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/ExperienceDeadline to Apply10/01/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Have you ever been convicted of a criminal offense (felony or misdemeanor) including driving under the influence (DUI)? If yes, please explain giving date(s) and location and complete name at the time.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate your highest level of education completed.
- No High School diploma or GED
- High School Diploma/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- * Please indicate your years of experience providing custodial, facilities and/or maintenance support (full time equivalent).
- More than 0, through 1 year
- More than 1 year, through 3 years
- More than 3 years, through 5 years
- More than 5 years, through 10 years
- More than 10 years
- * Please indicate your involvement/experience with UK Cooperative Extension.
- Worked for Cooperative Extension
- Volunteered for Cooperative Extension
- Participated in programming presented by Cooperative Extension
- No involvement with Cooperative Extension
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- Local print media
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter