Staff Support Associate I/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitleStaff Support Associate I/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24483Working TitleStaff Support Associate IDepartment NameH3320:Perioperative ServicesWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level05Salary Range$12.50-20.00/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
HSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
2 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
The physical requirements of this position include: occasionally lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects 50lbs and above; occasionally standing and/or walking with objects 25lbs and above ; intermittently sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time with repetitive motions (such as typing); occasionally traveling for work (less than 10% of the time); and effectively communicating both verbally and in writing with patients, caregivers, and staff at all levels.Shift
The shift for this position is Monday – Friday 7:30 am- 4:00 pm; times may vary per department needs.Job Summary
The Staff Support Associate I/UKHC assists the department in meeting requirements regarding medical record maintenance and meeting customer service expectation for delivery of patient information for a variety of reasons such as direct patient care and research. Assists with general office duties as necessary, i.e. answering phones, copying tasks and performs other business office duties as assigned.
This position will support patient throughput for the Endoscopy and Interventional Radiology units. Additionally, this position will collaborate with nursing leadership to ensure physician, patient, and staff requests are triaged appropriately, and will update the nurse coordinator or charge nurse with any schedule changes.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Advanced word processing, office procedures, administrative abilities or database management.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
High School/ GED and 2-3 years clerical experience.Deadline to Apply09/24/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate the number of years of experience you have with medical terminology.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * How would you describe your data entry skills using medical terminology?
- No Experience
- * Rate your level of expertise in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Windows, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- * Please describe your excellent communication and organizational skills and give a specific example.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter