Data Research Analyst/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitleData Research Analyst/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24515Working TitleDepartment Name7H851:SURGERY/DEPARTMENTWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level10Salary Range$46,675-78,499/yearType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
BSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
5 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
Sitting at a computer for long periods of timeShift
Mostly Days, Monday – Friday, other shifts as assignedJob Summary
This Data Research Analyst works with internal and external groups to successfully, safely and securely get access to data in compliance with all applicable regulations and policies. Develops and programs queries and reports to extract, clean, transform and link data from diverse data sources.
This position provides data design, sourcing and analysis consultation to researchers. The work required of this position includes statistical analysis of healthcare data. This position involves creating graphs, tables, dashboards, charts, diagrams, presentations and reports from various data sources. Some graphics or reports will need to meet publication standards in medical journals.
This position includes the use of Microsoft Word, Access, Powerpoint and Excel and requires facility with at least one database query/reporting package like SQL/Python/Tableau or equivalent, and prefers facility with one statistical software package of SAS/SPSS/R or equivalent.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Proficiency with a database query/report writing software like tableau, python, SQL, or equivalent is required.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Proficiency with a statistics software package like SPSS/SAS/R is desired but not required.Deadline to Apply09/27/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of paid employment experience do you have with database management, programming, or reporting/querying?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please describe your previous experience with healthcare data.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please briefly describe your data analysis experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter