Radiology Technologist Support I/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitleRadiology Technologist Support I/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24531Working TitleRad Technology Support IDepartment NameH3185:Interventional RadiologyWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level05Salary Range$12.50-20.00/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
HSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
1 yrRequired License/Registration/Certification
BLS CertifiedPhysical Requirements
This position requires intermittently lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects weighing up to or over 50 pounds; sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time; performing tasks with repetitive motions (such as typing); working at heights above four feet; occasionally standing or walking with objects weighing up to 25 pounds; and working in confined spaces. Also involves some risk of injury from moving, lifting, or positioning patients, equipment, or materials; and exposure to loud noises, radiation, cuts/punctures, blood-borne/airborne pathogens, and combative/violent people.Shift
This position varies and will be days and/or evenings based on departmental needs.Job Summary
Interventional Radiology is seeking a Radiology Technologist Support I. This position provides clinical support and patient care functions alongside the IR staff within UK Healthcare.
This employee will assist with facilitating patient throughput in the department by performing functions such as preparing patients for their exam, assist with labs, room setup, room turnover, answering phones, cleaning, transporting patients, stocking supplies, interacting with the RIS system, assisting with patient transfers and occasionally help with data collection.
This position will also be responsible for rounding throughout the department to ensure cleanliness and appropriate patient communication.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
The ideal candidate will possess strong patient care and communication experience.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Related healthcare employment experience.Deadline to Apply09/28/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification through the American Heart Association (AHA), or are you eligible to obtain this by date of hire?
- * Please describe your recent clinical experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- Job Fair
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Other On-line/Media Advertisement
- A Colleague, Friend, and/or Family member
- None of the above