Extension Staff AssistantExtension Staff Assistant - Lincoln County
Posting DetailsJob TitleExtension Staff AssistantExtension Staff Assistant - Lincoln CountyRequisition NumberRE24588Working TitleDepartment Name81314: KCES District 4Work LocationStanford, KYGrade Level00Salary RangeType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
No set minimum requirements.Click here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
No set minimum requirements.Required License/Registration/Certification
Lifting, pushing, pulling objects up to 50 pounds; sitting for long periods of time.Shift
Monday-Friday (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.); occasional nights, weekends or holidays may be required.Job Summary
Job Title: Extension Staff Assistant – Lincoln County
Location: Stanford, KY
As an Extension Staff Assistant, you will responsible for providing administrative support to the Extension office. General duties include office management, customer service, record keeping and newsletters, and program support while conducting yourself in a professional manner. Specific duties will include, but are not limited to, office receptionist, word processing, Quickbooks, filing, maintaining data bases & mailing lists, developing and maintaining websites, designing newsletters, and providing support for county agents and program assistants.
You will report to an Extension Agent/County Manager and there will be a high level of interaction with the general public.
Salary Range: $12.50 – $14.00 per hourSkills / Knowledge / Abilities
Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Office 365, Teams, Skype for Business; Zoom; QuickBooks; organizational skills; and time management.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Previous experience working in an administrative support role.Deadline to Apply10/08/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Have you ever been convicted of a criminal offense (felony or misdemeanor) including driving under the influence (DUI)? If yes, please explain giving date(s) and location and complete name at the time.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate your highest level of education completed.
- No High School diploma or GED
- High School Diploma/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- * Please indicate your involvement/experience with UK Cooperative Extension.
- Worked for Cooperative Extension
- Volunteered for Cooperative Extension
- Participated in programming presented by Cooperative Extension
- No involvement with Cooperative Extension
- * Please indicate your years of providing administrative, clerical, or office support (full time equivalent).
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years, up through 10 years
- More than 10 years
- * Describe your experience with the following items: Microsoft Office Software, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Quicken, QuickBooks, PowerPoint, Publisher, Adobe, & Drupal as well as production and distribution of monthly newsletters, flyers, etc.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe your experience with bookkeeping and using QuickBooks Online?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- Local print media
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter