Coordinator of New Student Registration - Office of Undergraduate Admissions (136165)
Coordinator of New Student Registration
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign has an opening for a Coordinator of New Student Registration in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. The Coordinator of New Student Registration oversees the development, implementation, and evaluation of registration programs for new students and their families.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee operations for both on-campus and online registration programs.
- Staff daily on-campus New Student Registration programs.
- Collaborate with on-campus partners (OSFA, USFSCO, NSP, etc.) to develop presentations for on-campus programs.
- Resolve 1000+ conflict forms per cycle.
- Work with Illini Union, Office of the Registrar, and Parking Department to reserve space for NSR programming.
- Supervise Parent/Guest programming.
- Organize information about online programs by college and communicate information/college contacts to Admissions staff.
- Daily management of those who attended/participated and those who did not, continue to work with students to ensure they participate in the required program prior to enrollment.
- Ongoing evaluation of programs to make improvements each cycle to better the student experience & experience of our campus partners in welcoming new students & families to the University (ex. Changing Merit location, adding Catering, adding USFSCO information).
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the admitted student website.
- Assist in budgeting for registration program operations. Provide insight as to what money we are spending and how? maintain records of invoices from various on and off-campus partners (Union, parking, Registrar, Housing/Dining, Human Resources, OCEM, etc.) for programming needs.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate operations reports and surveys.
- Oversee the reservation and confirmation process for the more than 17,000 new students and their families that attend the summer, fall, and spring registration programs.
- Work with all Colleges/departments to determine what capacities they need to provide for on-campus/online programs to accommodate incoming class? pull all data together to cap on-campus programs at 350 students/program while maintaining reports of enrollment/registration projections
- Work with the data team to maintain/update the New Student Registration database & new College Reporting portal each cycle.
- Work with OCEM to develop/update all communications regarding New Student Registration sign-up, confirmation, and reminders along with presentations for all
- Collaborate with Athletics to ensure all student-athletes are following the registration protocol.
- Collaborate with New Student Programs on an ongoing basis to coordinate New Student Registration space/dates for INBOUND & RISE participants.
- Collaborate with the Grainger College of Engineering to coordinate the New Student Registration date for Summer Scholars participants.
- Collaborate with Chicago Satellite Office to coordinate 2 CPS registration programs that offer transportation to campus.
- Coordinate the Telecounseling program.
- Work with the data team to create queries and call lists? maintain & create these independently.
- Collaborate with Review staff and Campus Visits staff to coordinate the needs of the office in regard to our calls.
- Create weekly reports to determine the effectiveness of calls, what calls we should/should not be making, student populations to call based on the office goals, the effectiveness of student staff, etc.
- Read and evaluate admissions applications? apply discretion and independent judgment in evaluating and comparing applications and gathering information in preparation for admission consideration and make admissions decisions based on the campus enrollment goals.
- Serve as co-chair of the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences review committee.
- Present information to prospective students and family about the University of Illinois at on and off-campus venues.
- Counseling duties – phones, walk-ins, admitted/prospective presentations, University Welcomes at all New Student Registration programs.
- Serve on Campus Visits team & Visit Experience team? help staff large visit day programs.
- Assist with the coordination of recruitment, training, supervision, and evaluation of undergraduate paraprofessional staff.
- Hire, train, supervise 45-50+ Interns & student staff for New Student Registration? host weekly staff meetings, monitor success in position to ensure strong staffing and consistency in programs.
- Hire, train, supervise 10-15 Interns & telecounselors in fall/spring semesters.
- Act as program liaison with colleges, faculty, service departments, students and student organizations, and community organizations for registration programs.
- Supervise Admissions Counselor who organize Campus Resources Fair.
- Meet monthly with College Representatives to provide updates about programming, advising/registration processes, gather feedback, etc.
- Meet with the Illini Union staff to determine space needs, logistics, facility use, etc. and maintain communication with them and Catering staff throughout programming.
- Serve as Communications Liasion for College of Applied Health Sciences.
- Serve on Search Committees.
- Serve as Admissions liaison for International Student Orientation & Welcome Days committees.
- Serve as a functional steward and coordinate staff training on the use of the registration database.
- Provide new training documents each cycle as well as continuing updates throughout the programming.
- Meet with all new staff to discuss New Student Registration programs/processes.
- Coordinate data requests from College partners to determine how our databases can best serve our programming & their needs, communicate this to the Admissions data team.
- Travel to designated high schools or college fairs to represent Illinois.
- Consistently travel to assigned territories (in- and out-of-state) to visit high schools and college fairs to recruit academically talented, diverse student populations.
- Host admitted student receptions in out-of-state regions.
- Coordinate and communicate summer registration participation for all undergraduate students to appropriate University colleges and departments.
- Provide weekly reports to Associate Provost's office regarding accepts/NSR sign-ups/registered students to aid in academic units' management of space in courses.
- Provide weekly reports to 75+ campus partners regarding upcoming attendance of on-campus programs so they can notify their units and plan accordingly.
- Provide weekly reports of Parkland Pathway completers to colleges to alert them of students that do not have to participate in the traditional registration program.
- Assist with the development, production, and dissemination of admitted student information including print, web, and social networking.
- Work with OCEM to develop/update evaluations for on-campus/online programs and communicate feedback to all college partners.
- Help update/maintain NSR website and all print communications including those provided at Illini Days for admitted students and mailings home.
- Assist with other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
Required education, experience, and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two or more years of professional experience in admissions, recruitment, new student programs, or related field.
- Demonstrated experience working with undergraduate students.
- Demonstrated experience in program planning.
Preferred education, experience, and qualifications:
- Master's degree.
Successful candidates will have:
- Knowledge of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Admissions.
Salary and Appointment Information:
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible Civil Service Program Coordinator position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the close date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Applications must be received by October 7, 2020. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:
All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact Jen Cochrane at [email protected]. For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.