Assistant Director of iDegrees - Gies Business Online Programs (136587)
Assistant Director of iDegrees
Gies College of Business
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Assistant Director of iDegrees provides day-to-day academic and student support for multiple online degree programs (including iMSA and iMBA). Ensures operational success of administrative processes such as the student transition from admission to current student, student advising and support, and other administrative functions. Works closely with the Associate Director of iDegrees to manage degree programs needs and priorities and assist in the training advising staff and supervising of hourly support team.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Student Support and Advising
- Work closely with Associate Director of iDegrees to manage program by managing needs, planning and priorities and by training advising team and supervising hourly support team.
- Monitor services provided to ensure delivery of high quality experience for students and staff
- Collaborate with Associate Director of iDegrees in establishing service benchmarks and KPI’s
- Manage all student services program level communications by crafting and timing messages sent out via the CRM system
- Manage onboarding of all new degree students, which includes crafting, setting up and pushing out communications via Slate, management of the online onboarding course (content, design, and delivery). It also includes the coordination and participation in new student webinars and overseeing the tracking of new student onboarding progress handled by advising team visor.
- Review course approval requests from various on campus programs in the College and assist with onboarding and preparing the students for success in iDegree, including iMBA and iMSA, fully online courses
- Manage student services presence on social media platform Workplace
- Manage course enrollment by tracking and enforcing program course prerequisites
- Supervise course management (at-risk support services) through training and collaboration with course assistants and staff to identify students who could benefit from program outreach and support to drive retention and student success
- Advise students, as needed, on curriculum, registration, financial aid, scholarships and all matters related to degree requirements.
- Work closely with the Associate Director of iDegrees and other staff to ensure operational success of administrative processes such as the student transition from admission to current student, student advising and support, and other administrative functions
- Act as a liaison with other units and stakeholders such as eLearning, the Graduate College, other programs in the College and primary external partner
- Work closely with primary external partner to align services around program goals and needs.
- Help create content for admitted students, orientation events, and provide logistical and event planning support for professional development events such as meetups, immersions, and graduation.
- Provide regular reports to the Associate Director of iDegrees as well as updates on program activities.
- Coordinate uniformity and accuracy of iDegree programs, including iMBA and iMSA, content across various digital assets including on partner websites.
- Coordinate with other units on campus for smooth student admissions and registration processes for the online MSA program.
- Assist Course Scheduler and Registrar’s Office with iDegree programs, including iMBA and iMSA, course set up in Banner including restrictions and section information.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Required: Bachelor’s degree
Preferred: Master’s degree
Required: Minimum of two years of professional experience. Experience working with a diverse population.
Preferred: Experience in higher education and student services
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Demonstrable ability to handle multiple projects and priorities effectively. Excellent communication and writing skills. Must demonstrate a service-oriented attitude working with faculty and students. Working knowledge of computer related databases and office related software. Working knowledge of the University of Illinois
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This is a full-time (100%), benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month basis. The position is available as soon as possible after the closing date.
For full consideration, all applicants must create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references by October 1, 2020. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, email [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
College Name or Administrative Unit:Business Category:5-Education and Student Services Title:Assistant Director of iDegrees - Gies Business Online Programs (136587) Open Date:09/10/2020 Close Date:10/01/2020 Organization Name:Business Online Programs