Office Support Assistant - University of Illinois Extension - Mounds, IL (137083)
Office Support Assistant – University of Illinois Extension
Units 24 & 27 Cluster - Mounds, IL (Pulaski County - Unit 27)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
WE TRANSFORM LIVES. Everything we do is designed to improve the quality of life of the people in the state of Illinois, across the nation, and around the world. We discover, develop, translate, and disseminate knowledge to address societal concerns and train the next generation of experts and leaders in a way that empowers them to expand the boundaries of science to higher levels of understanding and influence. Be a part of our story. Through learning partnerships that extend knowledge and change lives, University of Illinois Extension provides educational programs aimed at making life better, healthier, safer and more profitable for individuals and their communities. Illinois Extension has operated continuously for more than 100 years connecting the citizens of Illinois to their land-grant university by providing educational programming around the state. University of Illinois Extension is based in the College of ACES and works with all colleges and units of the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
Employees in positions allocated to this level of the series work under direct supervision in support of an office or organization. They perform routine support tasks, which require knowledge of standard office procedures, the ability to operate a variety of office equipment, and the ability to operate computer systems, using word processing, database and software packages.
The Office Support Assistant is to work under direct supervision of the County Director to support the needs of the Extension office.
- Serve as primary staff to open and close the unit offices.
- Serve as first point of contact for the office by answering telephone calls and assisting walk in clients.
- Assist in gathering, opening, and distributing mail to staff.
- Assist County Director, Unit Educators, and program support staff with clerical needs for programming as requested, such as preparing materials,+ making copies and assisting with room reservations.
- Maintain all county mailing and email lists.
- Assist volunteer groups with clerical needs as directed by staff.
- Report and transfer all fiscal expenditure/receipt documents as directed to Unit Office Support Specialist
- Replenishing funds in postage meter and manage postal systems.
- Solicit and handle donations including updating the database, preparing deposits, and generating receipts.
- Work with office staff on office supplies, educational supplies, and equipment ordering for the county offices.
- Additional fiscal duties as requested by the County Director and Unit Office Support Specialist.
- Comply with Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity policies/guidelines in all aspects of Extension work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Any one or any combination of the following, totaling six (6) months of experience in the categories below:
- work experience performing office/clerical activities, including use of computer systems
- college or university course work in any curriculum
- twelve (12) semester hours = six (6) month
For more information about this Civil Service classification:
This Office Support Assistant position is a 100%-time, benefits-eligible Civil Service position. The work schedule is to be determined (37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $17.23 per hour.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an Exam Request form for Office Support Assistant – Mounds, IL Extension. Please include all relevant work/volunteer experience coordinating educational and/or community programs or activities. This information should be included in the Experience portion of the application. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver’s license (copy of both sides), professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Illinois Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
This is a security-sensitive position. Comprehensive background checks, including but not limited to a criminal conviction information check, a CANTS check, and a review of the Registered Sex Offender list, will be conducted.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
College Name or Administrative Unit:University Extension Category:9-Off-Campus Title:Office Support Assistant - University of Illinois Extension - Mounds, IL (137083) Open Date:09/15/2020 Close Date:10/01/2020 Organization Name:Unit 27