Race & Pedagogy Institute Program Specialist
Job Title: Race & Pedagogy Institute Program Specialist
Location: Community Engagement
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 5523
Staff Posting Details
Appointment: Regular, full time (1.0 FTE)
- Work with RPI leadership to coordinate programs and events.
- Undertake financial accounting related to office management, programs and events, and other funding-source deliverables.
- Engage and liaise with campus and community constituents including the Community Partners Forum and the Student Association for Race & Pedagogy Institute (SARPI).
- Supervise student staff.
- Serve as administrative hub of coordination for the multi-stakeholder work resulting in the quadrennial Race & Pedagogy National Conference, next scheduled for 2022.
- Provide administrative support and staff voice as part of the meetings of the RPI Leadership Team?
- Document RPI related meetings and maintain all records for RPI’s ongoing programing, reflection and assessment, and building of an effective archive and data base.
- Coordinate with university donor and corporate relations office to identify funding sources including diverse local and regional assets, and write grant proposals, in support of RPI.
- Participate in the life of Puget Sound staff and engage with staff in the work of equity and justice, by building collaborative relationships to include the coordinating of RPI’s Lunch and Learn staff development program.
- Provide project logistical support for Director.
- Perform other duties related to the work of RPI.
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent credential or experience.
- Strong administrative, organizational, critical thinking, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Grant writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Technological skills including competence with current online and web-based technologies and an openness to learning and teaching in these areas. Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community
- Background in equity and justice work, and program development.
- Evidence of interest in community engagement.
- ResumeLetter of Interest
- We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://www2.pugetsound.jobs/psp/HR92PRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$0','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$0');if (typeof(TextAreaObject) != 'undefined' && TextAreaObject != null) TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;