Medical Assistant, Student Health Services
Position Title:Medical Assistant, Student Health Services Position Number:21006419 Benefits Eligible:Yes Campus Location:Gainesville Job Close Date:09/29/2020 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Medical Assistant on the Gainesville campus. The Medical Assistant will Work involves responsibilities that consist of front office as well as clinical duties. These duties include but are not limited to physical assessment/triage, assisting with procedures and delivering of over-the counter medications or basic first aid, assisting the Office Administrator with patient check-in and scheduling as well as the processing of immunizations of in-coming students. This position requires the incumbent to be able to perform in-house laboratory tests, phlebotomy, obtain and process specimens, and injections of medications/immunizations. Ability to recognize an emergency situation and initiate emergency care. Knowledge of immunization requirements per the Board of Regents. Flexibility to work weekends when necessary. Computer skills necessary for electronic medical records and UNG Banner system.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Medical Assistant will:
- Have proficiency in physical assessment skills and triage, perform phlebotomy and CLIA-waived laboratory tests and processing lab specimens. Complete tasks as requested by provider or nurse supervisor.
- Provide front office coverage with patient check-in and scheduling, answers questions regarding immunization requirements per the BOR, processes immunizations of in-coming students in Banner, assists Office Administrator with reports
- Have proficiency in documenting legibly and correctly in medical records including electronic medical records and Banner systems.
- Attend meetings as required. Assist with Open House and Orientation coverage.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, Familiarity with HIPPA and FERPA regulations and patient confidentiality.
- Organized, communicates well, interpersonal skills with students, faculty/staff and parents.
- Physical assessment skills, treatment of acute illness/injury as directed by provider, computer skills.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Graduate for an approved Medical Assistant program required.
- Minimum five years of experience as a Medical Assistant in family practice or urgent care preferred. New graduates considered..
- CPR and AED certified; Current Medical Assistant certification.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.