Multi-Craft Maintenance Tech I
Position Title:Multi-Craft Maintenance Tech I Position Number:10042558 Benefits Eligible:Yes Campus Location:Gainesville Job Close Date:10/25/2020 General Summary:
The University of North Gerogia is currently accepting applications for a Multi-Craft Maintenance Tech I. The Multi-Craft Maintenance Tech will provide general maintenance support to the campus, to include masonry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, painting and carpentry.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Multi-Craft Maintenance Tech will:
- Provide service for mechanical and electrical devices; performs basic preventive maintenance; provides support for HVAC, plumbing, painting, masonry, carpentry, cabinetry, drywall installation and repair, refrigeration, electrical repair, etc.
- Assist specialized skilled craft employees in complex projects
- Maintain tools and equipment needed to perform work.
- Maintain and schedules proper controls for energy management system.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must have general knowledge of various craft areas.
- Work involves the performance of skilled tasks in accordance with standard trade practices.
- Duties will require periodic afterhours on-call availability.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Able to diagnose problems and make repairs as needed.
- Ability to perform physical labor for extended periods of time to include, but not limited to, lifting, pushing, pulling objects up to 50 pounds; ability to climb and work from ladders up to 32 feet tall; ability to safely use cleaning equipment and supplies, and to perform minor repairs as needed.
- Must be able to understand and follow specific oral and written instruction.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor for extended periods of time, often in adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to operate equipment; Able to operate small hand tools; Balancing; Bending Over; Carrying; Climb up and down ladder; Climb up onto and down from equipment.
- Crawling; Crouching; Eye/hand coordination; Grasping; Hazards such as electrical, chemical, biological; Hearing; Inside/outside environmental factors; Kneeling; Constant, heavy, constant lifting; Moving; Pulling; Pushing; Reaching; Reaching Overhead; Repetitive use of hands/arms; Repetitive use of legs; Sitting; Standing; Stooping; Talking; Twisting; Walking (include distance); ability to work heights up to 60 feet using man lifts and ladders; operate vehicles; trucks; golf carts.
- Ability to operate power tools.
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Two years of general maintenance experience, including specialized experience in at least one trade area.
- Valid Georgia Driver's License
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.