Fraternity and Sorority Life Program Assistant - Institutional Student Worker (Fall 2020/Spring...
Position Title:Fraternity and Sorority Life Program Assistant - Institutional Student Worker (Fall 2020/Spring 2021) Campus Location:Dahlonega Job Close Date:09/30/2020 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Fraternity and Sorority Life Program Assistant. Housed on the UNG Dahlonega campus, the Program Assistant has responsibility for assisting professional staff in managing the fraternity and sorority program. This work will include administrative duties, assessment, communication and marketing efforts, and programming planning. The ideal candidate will be a fraternity and sorority leader looking to strengthen their leadership development skills. Evening and weekend hours will be required as needed as well as intercampus travel.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Fraternity and Sorority Life Program Assistant will:
- Assist with development and execution of programs, including but not limited to the FSL Leadership Retreat, New Member 101, Greek Week, etc.
- Develop marketing and promotional materials, update websites, and oversee social media efforts
- Serve as a campus partner on behalf of Fraternity and Sorority Life at orientation sessions, preview days, and various committees
- Assist with all administrative tasks, including but not limited to UNG Connect maintenance, calendar management, roster management, agendas/minutes at meetings, data collection, survey development, etc.
- Assist with front desk operations of the Office of Student Involvement, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
• Working knowledge of UNG Connect
• Ability to work in a professional office setting
• Excellent written and nonverbal skills, including presentation skills
• Ability to work on projects with minimal supervision; possess self-initiative
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and multi-task
• Problem solving skills
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker
- Must have a minimum of a 2.5 GPA
- Good standing member of a fraternity or sorority, preferred
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.