Adjunct faculty - M.S. School Psychology, Pupil Personnel Services - Bakersfield
Adjunct faculty - M.S. School Psychology, Pupil Personnel Services - BakersfieldDivision:
Dean ROC AdministrationDepartment:
ROC - LFCELocation:
Kern County CampusJob Description:
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you’re passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!
University of La Verne’s La Fetra College of Education invites applications for adjunct teaching opportunities in the School Psychology Credential Program at our Bakersfield Regional Campus. Our goal is to prepare professionals to successfully provide school psychology services in a rapidly changing society and to make positive contributions to the learning of pre-K-12 students. Applicants with diverse backgrounds and urban experiences who can help us achieve these goals are encouraged to apply.
Teach graduate level school psychology courses for Credential candidates according to La Fetra College of Education guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to work with adults
- Effective communication and organization skills
- Effective service in the multiple roles of a school psychologist in schools
- Earned master’s degree in Education, School Psychology
- A current Clear California Pupil Personnel Services Credential in School Psychology
- Commitment to and experience working with diverse student populations including English learners
- A minimum of three years of successful full time school psychology experience
Below is a list of benefits and perks offered to Adjunct Faculty:
- Benefit Hub (discount perks)
- Free Parking
- Adjunct Faculty Development Funds
- Staff discounted lunches at the Spot
- 10% off discount at the University of La Verne Bookstore and Graphics
- Tuition Remission (Senior Adjuncts)
- Contribution Retirement Plan (must meet hours) for Mandatory – Voluntary Contribution at anytime
- Medical (must meet hours)
- Utilize services offered at CTL and the wellness center.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion and clearance of a background check and employment verification.
La Verne is Tier 1 in U.S. News 2017 “America’s Best Colleges” National University rankings for the seventh straight year, and again made Forbes “America’s Top Colleges” rating (WASC Accredited).Posting Number:
AF043PJob Open Date:
08/26/2020Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Official transcripts should be sent directly from the college attended to:
Assistant Dean, Regional and Online Campuses
1950 Third Street
La Verne, CA 91750
E transcripts can be emailed to