Executive Assistant to VP of Finance, General Counsel & AVP of Human Resources
Provides direct support to the VP of Finance & General Counsel and the AVP of Human Resources and assists other executive-level departments. Coordinates and processes high level and confidential information. Provides front-line customer service in the executive administration office area or the Human Resources area, depending upon service location.
As a member of Leader Group, the Executive Assistant to VP of Finance & General Counsel and the AVP of Human Resources will portray a broad institutional perspective that supports the College’s mission, vision, and goals while fostering and creating an environment that strives to anticipate and meet customer needs. A Leader will support a shared leadership culture through participation in and facilitation of teams.
In addition, Leaders will live NTC’s operating principles of integrity, respect, learning, collaboration, responsibility, innovation, and service.
- Serve as executive administrative support to the Vice President of Finance & General Counsel by proficiently performing administrative duties associated with the processing of College financial, insurance, legal documents, and open records requests, and ensuring contractual and filing deadlines are met. Recognize material and issues as confidential and handle appropriately.
- Serve as executive administrative support to the AVP of Human Resources by proficiently performing administrative duties associated with the processing of College human resources, health benefit plan, and associated legal documents, and ensuring contractual and compliance filing deadlines are met. Recognize material and issues as confidential and handle appropriately.
- Serve as a first professional contact in the administration area through effective and tactful interaction with internal and external customers to answer questions, provide information and assistance, direct customers to the appropriate area, and respond to concerns in a pleasant manner. Work collaboratively with College students, College staff, vendors, visitors, and the public.
- Deliver executive level support on specific projects, meeting agendas, meeting minutes, memos, and letters, incoming/outgoing U.S. mail, maintaining appointment calendars, scheduling, and making travel arrangements for VP of Finance & General Counsel and the AVP of Human Resources.
- Furnish executive-level assistance to the President, other ELT members, and the NTC District Board of Trustees Members as directed.
- Assist the Executive Assistant to the President with Board packet duties, Board meeting set up, and other related tasks. Support the President and other ELT members as needed to plan and coordinate office communications, deadlines, training, events, retreats, and information requests.
- Draft responses to open records requests, organize records collection, and send responses after appropriate review by supervisor.
- Draft legal letters related to a variety of College matters, including but not limited to, vendor contracts, student collections, student appeals, insurance claims, legal claims, legal filings, etc.
- Draft, organize, handle, and file confidential and sensitive information, such as legal documents, contracts, correspondence, health plan filings, or financial reports. Develop and implement new filing systems as required.
- Perform legal research as needed to support the VP of Finance & General Counsel and the AVP of Human Resources.
- Within NTC’s budget system, perform data entry, monitor budgets, write and process budget transfers, prepare travel reimbursements, create payment authorizations, build requisitions for supplies and materials, etc.
- Process purchase orders, create and run reports, and retrieve data from PeopleSoft at the request of ELT members.
- Work with the Finance and Human Resources Teams, and in consultation with others, to create various reports and information to assist College decision making processes. Exercise confidentiality and integrity with District financial, human resources, and legal records, financial reports, or other information.
- Contribute to the success of various College teams and committees through participation in, planning, and coordination of meetings, including but not limited to: scheduling of rooms, setting up meeting rooms, creating agendas, submitting catering orders, preparing minutes, and performing follow-up responsibilities and reports as needed.
- Work together with other executive administration team members to ensure office coverage during all hours of operation, including assistance in other departments as the need arises. In the absence of other team members, perform duties of office functions as assigned.
- Initiate and maintain office workflow and record management compatible with other College departments. Accurately operate and maintain all office equipment.
- Maintain a current knowledge of organization procedures, policies, and practices.
- Supervise and assign work-study duties, if required.
- Participate in professional development activities, including workshops and conferences.
- Assist with identifying/scheduling/tracking professional development activities for VP and AVP and their teams as appropriate.
- Track, update, modify and communicate financial and human resources policies and procedures.
- Review, track, and recommend action steps to College contracts, agreements, waivers, Memoranda of Understanding, Requests for Proposals/Procurement, and insurance policies.
- Monitor and work with both finance and human resources teams to ensure relevant NTC intranet ‘pages’ are updated, relevant, and meeting employee needs.
- Critically evaluate finance and human resources processes/procedures/reports and recommend improvements.
- Conduct high-level research independently on related matters.
- Manage organizational materials such as job descriptions, org charts, succession planning, etc.
- Assist with or lead budget activities for VP and AVP, such as purchasing card reconciliation and preparation of proposed budget documents for College teams.
- Manage and monitor progress on Strategic Plans, Wildly Important Goals (WIGS), and Team Action Plans (TAPS) for HR and Finance teams. Collaborate with HR and Finance teams to meet goals.
- Prepare communication as needed for HR and Finance teams.
- Assist with Teams, Zoom or other remote style meetings, including retreats and open enrollment meetings.
- Prepare presentation materials for VP and AVP including Board materials.
- Provide support and/or may need to lead related committees as needed.
- Serve as lead for Record Retention activities of HR and Finance; track, communicate, and update materials and communicate as needed.
- Special Projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree OR an Associate’s Degree in business management, finance/accounting, human resources, administrative professional, paralegal studies, or similar area, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, with the agreement to obtain a Bachelor’s degree after hire. Paralegal certification preferred.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in office/administrative duties working in a confidential area, supporting an individual in a highly visible position. Experience supporting multiple executive individuals preferred.
- Must demonstrate the ability to assume responsibility without direct supervision, exercise initiative and judgment, and make decisions within the scope of authority.
- Must demonstrate exceptional organizational skills and the ability to handle a multitude of tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Must possess strong skills in the following areas:
- attention to detail,
- organization of cases, files, evidence, materials, and other information in a paper or electronic filing system,
- working with complex forms,
- data analysis,
- handling confidential information,
- office management,
- financial and legal research,
- resource organization, and
- time management.
6 to 8 hours: Grasping, performing repetitive movements, sitting, working indoors
4 to 5 hours: None
1 to 3 hours: Bending
Less than 1 hour: Balancing, climbing, crawling, driving, kneeling, pulling, pushing, reaching, standing, twisting, walking, working at heights, working in temperature extremes, working outdoors
Lifting and Carrying:
Less than 10 pounds: 1-10 repetition (s) per hour
10 to 20 pounds: Less than 1 repetition per hour
20-50 pounds: Less than 1 repetition per hour
50-100 pounds: Less than 1 repetition per hour
More than 100 pounds with help: Less than 1 repetition per hour
Additional Physical Requirements:
Vision: Adequate with aid to read instructions, labels, documents, computer screens, and differentiate between colors.
Hearing: Adequate with aid to understand oral requests, telephone conversation, and PA systems.
Required Employee Program Safety Training:
Emergency procedures, and ergonomics (office/workplace).