CEFS Program Management Associate
Posting DetailsVacancy TypeSHRAIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoTime Limited?NoTime-Limited Appointment LengthTitleUniversity Program AssociateBand LevelContributingWorking TitleCEFS Program Management AssociateSalary Range$31,200 - $56,545Anticipated Hiring RangeCommensurate with experience ($32,000 - $35,000)Salary Grade Equivalency62Position Number00108189Work ScheduleMonday - Friday / 8am-5pm (weekend events as needed)Does the regular and recurring schedule of this position result in the employee working more than ½ of their hours between 4 pm and 8 am? (Meal periods do not count).NoFull Time Equivalent (FTE)1.00Department111502 - Center for Environmental Farming SystemsDepartmentCenter for Environmental Farming SystemsJob City & StateRaleigh, NCPrimary Function of Organizational Unit
The Center for Environmental Farming Systems (www.cefs.ncsu.edu), is a partnership between North Carolina State University (NCSU), North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University (NCA&T) and the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (NCDA&CS). Its mission is to develop and promote just and equitable food and farming systems that conserve natural resources, strengthen communities, improve health outcomes, and provide economic opportunities in North Carolina and beyond.Essential Job Duties
The position will provide technical day-to day customer service and support of the operations of the Center for Environmental Farming Systems (CEFS) in particular, providing event management support services to program staff. This position will stay up–to-date on program policies and procedures to effectively communicate them to clients, will problem solve as needed, and will maintain accounts and records to support event reporting needs. This position will play an important role in the administration team of CEFS and will operate under the direction and supervision of the administrative lead of the organization. This position will also work with the Farm to Early Care team to plan, operate and evaluate all events and public meetings. This position will request, organize, submit and provide follow-up, as needed, for all business paperwork for assigned events and for the Farm to Early Care team.Other Work/Responsibilities
Other duties as assigned/required.Minimum Experience/Education
Bachelor’s degree; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.Departmental Required Skills
- Experience with standard office procedures.
- Proficient with MS Office, Adobe, and Google Platforms.
- Graduation from a four year accredited college or university with a degree in accounting, business administration, finance, public administration or a related degree.
- 1-3 years experience in the area of assignment.
- Experience with accounting and budgeting.
- Knowledge of NCSU accounting and budgeting processes, Wolf Reporting system, Travel regulations, Marketplace.
- Valid NC driver’s license or the ability to obtain within 60 days of start.
Applicant required documents: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, and Contact Information for ReferencesJob Open Date09/14/2020Must Be Open Until---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.)09/21/2020Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire Date10/31/2020Alternate Option
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please select the response below that best describes your experience/education for the University Program Associate position.
- High school diploma/GED and at least 4 years of related experience
- Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate in any field
- Combination of post-high school education and experience in a related area to equal at least 4 years (ex: Associate's degree and 2 years of experience)
- Did not complete high school but have a combination of high school education and related experience to equal at least 8 years (ex. 1 year of high school and 7 years of experience)
- None of the above
- * Please explain what interests you about the mission of CEFS?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a valid North Carolina Driver's license or the ability to obtain one within 60 days of your start date?
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for References