Counselor with emphasis in eating disorders
Posting DetailsPosting NumberPG190366EPInternal Recruitment NoWorking TitleCounselor with emphasis in eating disordersAnticipated Hiring RangeCommensurate with experienceWork ScheduleMonday-Friday, 8am-5pm; some participation in after hours “on-call” and evening office hours.Job LocationRaleigh, NCDepartment Counseling ServicesAbout the Department
Division of Academic and Student Affairs Mission, Values & Objectives
We promote the success of the whole student.
In collaboration with our colleagues across campus, we prepare students to succeed academically, professionally and personally, to embrace a commitment to lifelong learning, and to become informed, engaged, and productive citizens.
The Counseling Center assists NC State students experiencing personal, academic, or vocational problems. The goal of the Counseling Center is to provide students with professional counseling services and outreach to help them cope with issues that may impede successful academic performance. The center also offers crisis intervention and psychological/psychiatric assessment as well as consultation with others who have concerns about the mental/emotional state of NC State students. Our services are primarily short-term in nature and we make referrals to other helping professionals and community agencies as appropriate.Essential Job Duties
The Counselor will provide professional individual and group counseling services and outreach to NC State students as well as consultation to University administrators, staff and others who have concerns about the mental/emotional status of NC State students. Position will assist in all areas of Counseling Center functions including:
- Individual and group counseling
- Psychological assessment
- Developmental and crisis counseling
- Couples counseling
- Evaluation of students for withdrawal from the University
- Development and participation in outreach programming
- Consultation with faculty, staff, parents, and others
- Providing evaluations and recommendations regarding students with academic and conduct problems
- Some participation in after-hours “on call” and possible evening office hours
- Participation in training and supervision of post masters fellows, doctoral psychology interns and masters level interns
*General administrative responsibilities
All other duties as assigned.
Position will have an emphasis in working with students who suffer from eating and body image concerns.Minimum Experience and Education
Require post-baccalaureate credentials or a bachelor’s degree plus alternative or equivalent professional training and experience.Other Required Qualifications
- Established commitment to multicultural competencies.
- Candidate must possess strong clinical skills and experience in handling crisis situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Experience in a university counseling center desirable.
- Successful candidates will be generalists who are multi-culturally affirming and possess competence and experience in working with diverse populations.
- Preference for candidates with experience utilizing a time-limited model of care.
- Preference for candidates who have experience and strong interest in providing supervision, outreach presentations and group work.
- Special consideration given to candidates who have documented experience and a strong interest in treating eating and body image concerns through a multidisciplinary approach.
- Special consideration to candidates who can supervise for an APA accredited internship.
Appropriate licensure must be obtained/maintained according to North Carolina laws.Valid NC Driver's License requiredNoCommercial Driver's License requiredNoJob Open Date01/30/2020Anticipated Close Date2/13/2020Special Instructions to Applicants
In addition to your application please submit a resume, cover letter, and the complete contact information for at least three professional references.Position Number00001642Position TypeEHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week)1.00Appointment12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse WeatherMandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency EventsMandatory - Fire/Explosions, Mandatory - Medical Emergencies, Mandatory - Hazardous Material Incidents, Mandatory - Transportation Accidents, Mandatory - Evacuations/Natural Hazards, Mandatory - Utilities/Infrastructure Failure, Mandatory - Threats of Violence/Terrorism/Interpersonal EmergenciesIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoDepartment ID244020 - Counseling ServicesAA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have (or will you have by date of hire) a Master's degree or higher in psychology, counseling, or clinical social work?
- * Are you currently licensed to practice independently as a mental health professional?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience working in a college or university setting?
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for References