Instructional Design Specialist (Temporary)
Please view posting details below. To apply to this posting, please click the link above.
Job TitleInstructional Design Specialist (Temporary)Posting NumberF003712Position StatusFull TimeAssignment Length This field only applies to FacultyGrant FundedNoCategoryAPTClass Code14Pay RateCommensurate with education and experienceLocationOther - Center for Teaching & Learning, DistrictDepartmentDT Faculty AcademyJob Summary
Provides consultation and support services in instructional design, strategies, assessment, technology, and distributed learning for instructional development projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinates instructional design projects from inception to completion; enters data into relevant databases, and maintains files and records
• Consults with faculty on instructional design and learning objectives
• Assists in the development of instructional strategies, course materials, assessment techniques, appropriate integration of instructional technologies and best practices, both technology and non-technology related
• Designs and produces learning materials in a variety of formats including print, graphics, audio, video, animation and multimedia to support teaching and learning needs
• Provides assistance to faculty in technology tools and methods, use of instructional software, and effective uses of multimedia
• Researches and makes recommendations on educational best practices, instructional resources, instructional technologies and multimedia hardware/software to support teaching and learning
• Designs, develops, and delivers workshops and training to faculty and staff in the use of instructional technologies and non-technology related educational best practices; maintains records
• Facilitates curriculum development sessions, documents findings, and writes reports
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Master’s degree in instructional design, instructional technology or post-secondary teaching discipline from a regionally accredited college or university
• Two (2) years instructional design and development work experience
• Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications and web page editors, graphic software, and basic HTML
• Knowledge of research methodologies and techniques, processes and standards for planning and implementing instructional design and development, instructional technology and non-technology media and materials development and implementation principles
• Knowledge of Learning Theory, instructional strategies, curriculum standards, and assessments
• Skill in project management and efficient use of resources
• Ability to research and analyze complex information
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Experience working with computerized systems
• Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, LicensuresKnowledge, Skills and AbilityAccommodations
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
This is a full-time temporary position.
Posted09/11/2020ContactBrenna Sanders*[email protected] DocumentsRequired Documents
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Cover Letter
- Certification / License
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the highest level of education you have completed.
- High School Diploma / GED
- 60 or more College Credit Hours
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- None of the above
- * Do you have a Master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university in instructional design, instructional technology or post-secondary teaching discipline?
- * Please list any certification or licensure you have that is directly related to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of experience do you have in instructional design and development?
- Less than 1 year of experience
- 1 year of experience
- 2 years of experience
- 3 years of experience
- 4 years of experience
- 5 or more years of experience
- * How would you rate your level of experience using word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)?
- * How would you rate your experience with web-based software?
- * Describe your experience as it relates to this position.
(Open Ended Question)