Adjunct Faculty - History
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2020-073
Posting Start Date: 9/17/2020
Minimum Education: Masters
Additional Documentation: YES
Compensation: $41.55 - $52.50 per credit hour
Adjunct Faculty - History Description/Job Summary
Overview of Position:
- The instruction of students in the discipline of History.
- Teaching face to face, online, hybrid and/or blended.
- Familiarity with LMS
- Based on Master Syllabus, design and teach assigned class session(s), leveraging digital content and multi-media resources in the classroom;
- Assesses student engagement/understanding during each class session and throughout the semester;
- Collect, grade, and report assignments and homework;
- Maintain and update the syllabus and course materials and making sure they are available through the College’s Learning Management System;
- Advise learners in ways to help them meet their educational goals;
- Assess and evaluate learning;
- Provide timely, thoughtful and constructive feedback to learners; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in History or closely related field
- One (1) year of teaching history in post-secondary education or related field
- Experience with online teaching and Learning Management Software (LMS).
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at [email protected]
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.
Email this job to a friend ×Subject:Your email address:Recipient's email address:Personal message:I came across this job and thought you may be interested.Human Verification:Send E-mail