Sr Health Care Data Analyst
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the general direction of the Director or designee, the Sr. Healthcare Data Analyst needs to be insightful, detail-oriented professional with excellent analytical skills who is able to apply that skill set to data analysis, data mining and data management within a medically-oriented, dynamic analytic team.Responsibilities
- Conduct advanced data mining as required by the program.
- Lead analyses and produce standard reports using healthcare claims data which support the development, implementation, and monitoring of MassHealth programs.
- Manipulate and build large datasets from claims and encounter data to support analyses through use of efficient SAS/SQL code.
- Utilize strong analytic consulting skills, and a customer service focus in order to design and deliver analytic projects to client specifications.
- Assist in the use of qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques.
- Utilize and create testing measures to analyze large amounts of data.
- Create algorithms to test and analyze multiple, large databases.
- Develop analyses and present information using various tools including SAS, Business Objects, SQL and Cognos and MS Office.
- Independently identify and report data patterns and abnormalities.
- Provide analysis of key metrics and data trends.
- Demonstrate exceptional analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Test, track and monitor data for quality, integrity and trends.
- Merge multiple databases and data sources to produce answers to complex business questions.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and deliver quality work products.
- Other responsibilities and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare, health business administration, public health, public policy, statistics or similar discipline; or equivalent.
- 5 years related or equivalent experience with proficiency in Medical Claims Analysis, Financial Data Analysis, and/or Transaction-Based Data Analysis
- Advanced knowledge of data mining software tools such as SAS, SQL, BO, Cognos or similar
- Advanced SAS/SQL programming skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Ability to merge multiple databases and data sources to produce answers to complex business questions
- Familiarity with coding systems (i.e., CPT, ICD9, ICD10) and hospital billing systems (DRGs).
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity, takes initiative and focuses on continuous improvement
- Ability to learn quickly and multi-task in a fast-paced, work environment
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English in a clear, professional manner
- Ability to travel between locations
- Knowledge of the Massachusetts health care system and current health care policy issues.
- Knowledge of health care payment methods, including traditional fee-for-service and alternative payment methods, particularly for government payers such as Medicaid and Medicare
- Experience presenting complex data, analyses, and information in easily understood formats
- Experience with data visualization techniques and software, such as Tableau
- Excellent analytical and writing skills as demonstrated in writing sample of past analytical work.
- Excellent oral communication skills