Instructor- Nurse Practitioner for Care and Research of Pediatric Patients
DescriptionUniversity of Colorado School of Medicine
School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
Section of Infectious Diseases
Nurse Practitioner for Care and Research of Pediatric Patients
Position #00770656– Requisition #19220
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.To provide research mandated medical management of research subjects recruited to clinical studies, and to participate in conduct of infectious disease-related studies including, but not limited to,epidemiologic studies, clinical trials and observational studies. The primary patient population will be infants, children and youth receiving care at Children’s Hospital Colorado and its network of care, but will also include University of Colorado Health Hospitals home visits and visits to Pediatric Practices working on research projects with the Principal Investigator. The applicant will be comfortable working in a team setting that includes physicians, social workers, mental health professionals, pharmacists, nutritionists, and out-reach workers. The applicant will be involved in the recruitment, assessment, and on-going evaluation of participants in clinical trials. In addition the applicant will maintain all regulatory binders, and communications with sponsors and the IRB's overseeing the studies. The applicant will also be involved in clinical and epidemiologic research studies, along with required scholarship, including but not limited to abstract development for presentation at domestic and international meetings as well as manuscript writing.Professional Field
Masters Prepared Pediatric Nurse Practitioner-PCSupervisor NameEric Simoes MDSupervision Exercised
NoneExamples of Work Performed
- Oversees and manages the site implementation of assigned protocols with a specialization in infant and young child protocols. However the participants can be of all ages up to adults
- Collaborates with PI and clinical team to identify, screen, consent and enroll patients onto drug treatment trials as well as pharmacokinetic studies and observational trials.
- Oversees scheduling of complicated research visits and tracking of patient participation in studies, assists with retention to studies.
- Completes physical assessments/procedures that are permitted for APP's for studies (e.g. collection of nasal swabs, nasal washes, blood draws, EKGs etc.).
- Expedited Adverse Events (EAE) specialist. Trains and oversees the identification, data collection, and reporting of EAEs.
- Provides training to staff on variety of research protocols, including but not limited to, study implementation, data capture, quality assurance and site visit implementation.
- Manages protocol changes as new information is released from sponsors.
- Participates in national committees with travel as needed.
- Abstracts and reviews data from patient charts and evaluates consistency of medical data as it is extrapolated into research documents.
- Takes on call responsibilities as needed.
- Research liaison with CHCO and UCH, providing training and coordination of study management.
- Perform detailed history and physical exam within scope of practice for clients ages birth-young adults.
- Order and interpret appropriate diagnostic testing for diagnosis and research management.
- Identify, educate, consent, and perform clinical studies in clients interested in participating in research.
- Participation as a sub-investigator during Investigator’s Meetings and Conference Calls.
- Conduct physical examinations at home visits and clinic visits
- Experience with Infectious Disease Research
- Experience with medical research
- Experience with electronic medical records
- Experience with electronic data capture (databases) for research
- Must successfully pass a 10-panel drug test through Children's Hospital Colorado
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal and sex-offender background check
- Must be willing to work Day/Night/Evening rotation as well as weekends and holidays
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Sep 17, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing