APP Program Manager
DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine/Department of Anesthesiology
Business Services Program Manager (APP Program Manager)
Position #00778610 – Requisition #19218
- Work in conjunction with APP and Department leadership to develop and execute strategies and processes to drive the strategic plan and vision of the Adult APP Team and ensure Team goals, standards and objectives are in alignment with the Department’s overall strategic plan
- Manage and oversee the day-to-day operations of the Adult APP Teams at all clinical locations to include managing aspects of a complex scheduling system in Qgenda which includes various call and incentivized shifts; managing requests for FMLA, FTE changes, etc.; and assisting with compensation and budget planning and revisions. This is done in collaboration with Departmental leadership.
- Develop administrative policies, procedures, and guidelines specific to the Adult APP Team, working with the Department’s HR Manager and University Legal and Risk Management to ensure compliance
- Assist APP Leadership with developing and executing appropriate, efficient, and timely annual 360 evaluation process
- Plan, implement, and execute business, operational and clinical projects in conjunction with the Special Projects Coordinator at the request of APP and Departmental leadership; develop a process to track and report on progress and accomplishments specific to individual APP-related projects
- Develop, implement, and monitor budgets that are complex in nature; allocate shared resources and track and approve expenditures; prepare reports detailing the status of the budget and compliance to any requirements as specified by funding sources; accomplish financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective action.
- Develop, implement, and monitor salary allocations that are complex in nature, working closely with the Department’s Payroll & Compensation Specialist to ensure accuracy and timeliness of both salary funding distributions, as well as incentivized shift payments.
- Serve as work lead for APP Team-specific projects; establish work plan responsibilities and scope of authority for project stakeholders
- Establish and execute effective communications strategies amongst APP Team and stakeholders and serve as the administrative liaison between APP and Departmental leadership teams regarding operations and personnel matters
- Develop an evaluation method to assess APP Team strengths and areas for improvement
Supervision will be by the Anesthesiology Director of Finance and Administration (DFA).Supervision Exercised:
The APP Program Manager supervises the APP Administrative AssistantThis description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is commensurate with skills and experience.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
QualificationsMinimum Qualifications:A bachelor’s degree in business, business administration, finance, social sciences, healthcare administration, public administration, communications, information systems, or a directly related field from an accredited institution. Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.The position requires extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience, including direct responsibility for managing clinical operations to include oversight of complex scheduling and/or budgeting. PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in business, healthcare administration/management, public health, or a directly related field
- Experience working in a healthcare clinic or medical field in an administrative capacity
- Experience utilizing and/or managing complex scheduling systems such as Qgenda
- Experience working in higher education and/or academic medicine and in large settings
- Experience with financial analysis, budget analysis, and management concepts
- Strong and effective presentation and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to quickly establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously while effectively managing time and prioritizing tasks.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Proven ability to lead initiatives and work with all levels of staff and leadership
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence and latitude
- Ability to actively participate in the planning activities for the Department, including long-range and short-range business and strategic planning.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Sep 15, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing