Senior Professional Research Assistant
Universityof Colorado School of Medicine
University ofColorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
Section of Infectious Disease
Senior Professional Research Assistant
Position#00773309– Requisition #18543
* Applicationsare accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers*
The University of ColoradoDenver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitmentto creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value theability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diversebackgrounds.
TheDepartment of Pediatrics, Section of Infectious Disease has an opening for a full-time (unclassified)Senior Professional Research Assistant position.
TheUniversity of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinicaland research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medicaldestination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, andhealthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programsthrough 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in researchawards each year. We are the single largest health professions educationprovider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by ouraward-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academicexcellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroomto the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. ReadCU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates may be responsible for travelexpenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, ifapplicable.
Nature of Work:
The applicant will be involved in epidemiologic research studies, along with the required scholarship, including but not limited to abstract development for presentations for domestic and international meetings as well as manuscript writing.
The candidate will be asked to provide data-related research support for the Simoes’ group. The position primarily requires data analysis, assistance with grant preparation, and manuscript preparation. The candidate would need to have facility using SAS, and at least one other statistical package such as STATA, R, or SPSS. Data collection instrument and database creation may be required in the future, so knowledge of Redcap, Access, or other database managers is preferred. Advanced skills with Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Xcel are required. Advanced English writing and communication skills, and experience with EndNote are also required.
The position may require the candidate to travel internationally for study meetings with collaborators.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Collaborates with PI other members of the team to analyze data and write manuscripts
- Perform database management and quality assurance/quality control for large databases
- Perform data analysis and presentation for progress reports and study meetings
- Take continuing education for newly available statistical and graphics software
Salary and Benefits:
Salary iscommensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers afull benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, includingeligibility, is located at Employee Services.
University ofColorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe andsecure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist inachieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees priorto their employment.
The ImmigrationReform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility bedocumented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternativeformats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Yourtotal compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University ofColorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributionsthat add to your bottom line.
TotalCompensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Pleaseclick here for information on disability accommodations: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/human-resources/employee-relations-performance/ada-compliance
Office of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
TheUniversity of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed torecruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrativestaff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect,communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnicminorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University ofColorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health Epidemiology/Biostatistics
- Advanced Facility programming with SAS
- Intermediate Facility with STATA, R or SPSS
- Intermediate Facility with database managerssuch as Redcap, Access MsSQL, or others
- Three years’ experience using Microsoft Office(Word, Xcel, Powerpoint)
- Experience using EndNote
Conditions of Employment:
- Mustsuccessfully pass a drug test through Children’s Hospital Colorado
- Must bewilling and able to pass a national criminal background check
- Experiencewith Infectious Disease Research
- Experiencewith medical research
- Experiencewith Redcap, Access, or other database managers
- Excellentwritten and verbal communication skills
- Demonstratesa high level of professionalism
- Ability to work well with multidisciplinaryteam members
- Abilityto establish and maintain good rapport international collaborators
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Sep 15, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing