Evening Professional Research Assistant lll
UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO DENVER
Evening Professional Research Assistant 3 (Clinical)
Department of Emergency Medicine, SOM
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Department: The Department of Emergency Medicine seeks motivated applicants for the position of an Evening Professional Research Assistant 3 (PRA3). This role will engage patients, families, and clinical staff at the University of Colorado Hospital, manage study start-up and documentation for clinical trials, and collaborate with clinical and research teams working to improve care of critically ill and injured patients. The projects focus on patients in the Emergency Department and Intensive Care Units with major trauma (including traumatic brain injury and burn patients), sepsis, and acute respiratory failure. The ideal candidate will have experience communicating medical concepts and procedures to people of all healthcare knowledge levels, collaborate effectively on multidisciplinary teams, and be highly detail-oriented. The schedule for the Evening PRA will be Monday-Friday 3pm-12am. In addition, weekend on-call shifts will be required once a month on a rotating schedule. Nature of Work: The Professional Research Assistant 3 (PRA3) is responsible for the day to day conduct of clinical studies. This position requires multiple years of experience in clinical or laboratory research. This full-time position may be part of a central pool of research assistants or work specifically with a single Principal Investigator (PI). This position will work independently under the supervision of a PI, Research Associate, or Senior PRA to conduct clinical research in the Department of Emergency Medicine at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus. The job locations will include the Emergency Department and inpatient units at the University of Colorado Hospital and office/laboratory buildings on the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora, Colorado.The main duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and conduct moderately complex research activities that are part of larger project from initiation to close.
- Create complex data management and tracking tools (REDCap, ACCESS, Excel) to support tracking of project/recruitment activities.
- Oversee student worker(s) or junior PRAs as it relates to a specific project.
- Participate in instrument creation and/or analytical structures as appropriate to the project.
- Collect study data via complex patient visits, surveys, observations or focus groups. Provide leadership in data collection to other PRAs and students.
- Participate in audits, monitoring visits, and quality control checks of data collection, equipment maintenance, and study procedures.
- Analyze data, including statistical analyses and qualitative assessments of data and data quality. Identify and help solve gaps in data collection.
- Help develop study findings for presentation to team and external audiences.
- May lead publication development (abstract/manuscript)
- Help with budget management/tracking (under direction of PM/PI)
- Identify, screen and consent potential study participants. Interact with clinical staff to confirm eligibility and implement study protocols. Extract relevant data from participant or medical records and enter it into online centralized databases or local data tools.
- Lead manuscript preparation for publication or presentation in scientific forums.
- Evaluate data sets for quality and completeness. Set up and or run statistical analyses.
- Work with members of the UCD and UCHealth community as needed to set up labs, participant visits, and access shared University resources.
- Manage study participant incentive program
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience plus 3 years relevant experience OR a relevant Master’s degree and at least one year relevant experience.
- Master’s degree in research-related discipline
- Medical background (e.g., EMT/Paramedic, nursing, medical assistant, medical technician)
- Experience mentoring or leading research staff
- Experience with statistical software such as SAS, SPSS, STATA. or R.
- Experience in an emergency department or inpatient setting
- Experience implementing and coordinating clinical trials
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Sep 15, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing